What is Restore@protonmail.ch and how to deal with it?
Restore@protonmail.ch (also listed as .locked virus) is a serious infection that can definitely cause problems to your PC. Once Restore@protonmail.ch reaches your computer’s system, the threat encrypts your virtual machine’s files. Restore@protonmail.ch will show a fictitious windows update while damaging your files. Restore@protonmail.ch will change the names of the encrypted data adding the “.locked” endings to the modified files. Restore@protonmail.ch will create two an executable and random file.
Bothe of them will be placed in an all the existing folders. Restore@protonmail.ch acts in the similar way as other ransomware. Hence, you should take care of Restore@protonmail.ch removal immediately. Without Restore@protonmail.ch removal, your computer will be open to other annoying threats. Also, you may never get your files back.
Can I restore the files that were encrypted by Restore@protonmail.ch?
Restore@protonmail.ch developers use asymmetric encryption. This means that Restore@protonmail.ch uses multiple keys in order to encrypt your information. The only way to decrypt the files is to use a unique decryption key. However, you could try to backup the unaffected files after the Restore@protonmail.ch removal.
Restore@protonmail.ch will claim that you need to pay the ransom in order to get your files back. However, that does not mean that the developers will help you to decrypt the data after they get the money. You would have to send the cash via Bitcoins system. The currency is chosen because the Restore@protonmail.ch developers can stay unidentified. Our research team does not recommend paying the ransom especially because there is a possibility that you will be left empty handed. You should not support such annoying criminal activities and delete Restore@protonmail.ch ASAP. After the successful Restore@protonmail.ch removal, you can try to get your files back from a backup.
How to avoid similar issues in the future?
In order to make sure that all the important files are safe, you should keep the data in different locations. Also, please be careful and always open e-mails solely from trustworthy senders. Sometimes the cyber criminals send emails to unsuspecting computer users that include malicious software in the email attachments. Another thing that you could do in order to protect your virtual machine from such annoying threats is to implement a reputable malware removal tool. It is extremely important that your security application is up to date. Cyber criminals develop new threats every single day. Hence, if your security tool is outdated, it may not notice the new infection slithering your computer’s system.
What’s the best way to remove Restore@protonmail.ch?
As it has been mentioned before in the article, Restore@protonmail.ch removal is performed in the most efficient way when you let the professionals to take care of such job. Therefore, instead of paying the ransom to an annoying infection’s developers, you should invest in a reputable malware removal tool.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Restore@protonmail.chUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Restore@protonmail.ch. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Restore@protonmail.ch and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Step 1. Delete Restore@protonmail.ch using Safe Mode with Networking.
Remove Restore@protonmail.ch from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click on Start and select Shutdown.
- Choose Restart and click OK.
- Start tapping F8 when your PC starts loading.
- Under Advanced Boot Options, choose Safe Mode with Networking.
- Open your browser and download the anti-malware utility.
- Use the utility to remove Restore@protonmail.ch
Remove Restore@protonmail.ch from Windows 8/Windows 10
- On the Windows login screen, press the Power button.
- Tap and hold Shift and select Restart.
- Go to Troubleshoot → Advanced options → Start Settings.
- Choose Enable Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking under Startup Settings.
- Click Restart.
- Open your web browser and download the malware remover.
- Use the software to delete Restore@protonmail.ch
Step 2. Restore Your Files using System Restore
Delete Restore@protonmail.ch from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click Start and choose Shutdown.
- Select Restart and OK
- When your PC starts loading, press F8 repeatedly to open Advanced Boot Options
- Choose Command Prompt from the list.
- Type in cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and press Enter.
- Click Next in the new window and select the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next again and click Yes to begin the system restore.
Delete Restore@protonmail.ch from Windows 8/Windows 10
- Click the Power button on the Windows login screen.
- Press and hold Shift and click Restart.
- Choose Troubleshoot and go to Advanced options.
- Select Command Prompt and click Restart.
- In Command Prompt, input cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and tap Enter again.
- Click Next in the new System Restore window.
- Choose the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next and then click Yes to restore your system.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.