RetroGamer Toolbar Removal Tips
RetroGamer Toolbar is a browser extension that belongs to Mindspark Interactive Network and is often classified as a potentially unwanted program. The official site of the application, download.retrogamer.com, states that it will allow you to get unlimited access to classic arcade games for free. It is possible to download the toolbar from this site, however, it also travels in freeware and shareware bundles.
The page also states that the extension offers a convenient web search, home page, and default search. It may seem like there are no disadvantages when it comes to this toolbar. Unfortunately, that is not the case. After you read this article, you may want to delete RetroGamer Toolbar from your PC.
How does RetroGamer Toolbar work?
When RetroGamer gets installed, it adds a toolbar to your browser, which appears right below the address bar. The toolbar contains such quick access buttons ads Sonic, Pac-Man, SEGA, All Games, Frogger, and Weather. Most of these buttons reroute you to various online gaming pages. The toolbar also presents you with a search box powered by Ask. This search box may not be the only Ask feature in your browser. As it has been mentioned above, the application offers to change your home page, new tab and default search provider. These settings are replaced by home.tb.ask.com and search.tb.ask.com. The problem is that users can easily miss this offer during the installation process and thus agree to it unwittingly. Although Ask Search is a reliable engine, it will also show you sponsored ads and links. If you want to go back to your original settings, you will have to eliminate RetroGamer Toolbar and Ask.com from your browsers.
If you downloaded RetroGamer from its official page, you should not have any more issues with it. However, if it entered your PC together with other freeware, you may experience additional symptoms. These symptoms will be caused by other unwanted programs that you have acquired along with the toolbar. In this case, we advise that you terminate RetroGamer Toolbar and other potentially unwanted applications as soon as you can.
How to remove RetroGamer Toolbar?
There are two ways you delete RetroGamer Toolbar. You can uninstall RetroGamer Toolbar from your computer and remove it from your browser extensions manually. If you also want to go back to your original settings, you will have to reset your browsers. Instructions on how to complete all of these tasks are presented below the article and you are more than welcome to use them. Alternatively, you can implement the anti-malware tool provided on our site and remove RetroGamer Toolbar automatically. Automatic RetroGamer Toolbar removal will allow you to not only completely clean your system, but also to make sure that it stays protected from other online threats in the future.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove RetroGamer ToolbarUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall RetroGamer Toolbar. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like RetroGamer Toolbar and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall RetroGamer Toolbar and related programs.
Remove RetroGamer Toolbar from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall RetroGamer Toolbar from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete RetroGamer Toolbar from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove RetroGamer Toolbar from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for RetroGamer Toolbar or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete RetroGamer Toolbar from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase RetroGamer Toolbar from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove RetroGamer Toolbar from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall RetroGamer Toolbar from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable RetroGamer Toolbar and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.