About this threat
Roomba-search.com is a browser hijacker, targeting users speaking the Hebrew language. It’s also commonly referred to as a redirect virus but there is no need to be too alarmed if you notice the infection. It’s not a serious infection and your computer should be okay as long as you remove Roomba-search.com right away.
You might not notice how it installs but you will definitely notice the infection. It will change your browser’s settings and set itself as your homepage. It would then try to redirect you to sponsored pages. All browser hijackers aim to do that as that is how they generate income for sponsored sites. So you are basically used to make money but get nothing in return. Sounds like the opposite of what should be allowed to stay on your computer. You got the hijacker when you were installing freeware, which means you need to relearn how to do it correctly. And make sure you delete Roomba-search.com.
How does the hijacker spread?
Browser hijackers are distributed along with free software. Because who would willingly install such a dubious thing. When you install free programs, you must always check whether something has been attached to them. You can do it in Advanced or Custom settings. Everything that has been attached will be shown. If you notice that there is something there, make sure to deselect every single one of the boxes. They are hidden in Advanced for a reason. Refrain from using Default settings because you will end up with all kinds of unwanted programs on your computer. If you continue using Default and always rush installation process, do not be surprised if you end up having to uninstall Roomba-search.com or similar over and over again.
Why remove Roomba-search.com?
The only good thing about hijackers is that infection is very obvious. If you have it, your browser’s settings will be changed and in this particular case, this hijacker’s domain will become your homepage, new tabs and search engine. Generally, hijackers are able to affect all leading browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Your new homepage will be in Hebrew so if you do not speak the language, you have even less use of it. There will be a search engine provided on the website but do take into account that browser hijackers insert sponsored content into the results so that you would be redirected. There’s also nothing stopping malicious results from being inserted as well. You could end up with some questionable website and accidentally download malware. Your best decision right now would be to delete Roomba-search.com.
If you choose to uninstall Roomba-search.com manually, you will have to find the hijacker yourself, which could be problematic as it’s probably hidden. If you cannot find it or encounter other difficulties, download anti-spyware software and employ for Roomba-search.com removal. The program should have no issues with the task.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Roomba-search.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Roomba-search.com. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Roomba-search.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Roomba-search.com and related programs.
Remove Roomba-search.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Roomba-search.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Roomba-search.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Roomba-search.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Roomba-search.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Roomba-search.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Roomba-search.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Roomba-search.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Roomba-search.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Roomba-search.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.