Rundll32.exe Removal Instructions (Uninstall Rundll32.exe)
Rundll32.exe is an application that is used to launch dynamic link library files. It is a legitimate part of the Windows operating system. The process appears in your Task Manager and is usually located in the C:WindowsSystem32rundll32.exe folder.
If you notice odd activity relating to the file, like it using up a lot of system resources, you may be dealing with a malicious threat. Cyber criminals often use names of legitimate processes in order to keep the malware hidden in your system for as long as possible. This article will help you determine whether your PC is infected or not. If it is, you will have to remove Rundll32.exe without hesitation.
As it has already been mentioned, if the Rundll32.exe file is unsafe, it may spend high CPU, which in turn will result in your computer functioning much slower than usual. You may also be unable to access some of your programs, especially those that have to do with online security, or use your Control Panel and other settings. The malware may also affect your web browsing. Useful websites may be blocked while various corrupted sites may open on their own. Your browsers may be filled with fake ads as well.
In addition to the above-listed disturbing symptoms, the malware also raises serious concerns when it comes to your privacy. It may add a backdoor to your computer and use it to drop other harmful programs onto your PC or steal your personal data. If cyber criminals manage to get a hold of your private details like logins and passwords, credit card number, etc., you will risk suffering financial losses or even identity theft. Although this is the worst case scenario, it is not impossible. That is why we urge you not to waste any time and terminate Rundll32.exe right away.
How to remove Rundll32.exe?
The only sure way to eliminate Rundll32.exe from your computer is by doing it automatically. We do not recommend attempting to delete Rundll32.exe manually, because you may end up erasing the legitimate file instead of the malign one. Automatic Rundll32.exe removal can be completed by implementing a powerful anti-malware utility. You can download the malware remover from our website. It will perform a full system scan and detect all malicious components that reside in it. The utility will delete Rundll32.exe along with other detected threats. In addition to that, it will also make sure that you do not have to deal with similar issues again by shielding your PC from various online infections.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Rundll32.exeUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Rundll32.exe. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Rundll32.exe and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Rundll32.exe and related programs.
Remove Rundll32.exe from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Rundll32.exe from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Rundll32.exe from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Rundll32.exe from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Rundll32.exe or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Rundll32.exe from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Rundll32.exe from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Rundll32.exe from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Rundll32.exe from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Rundll32.exe and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
- bitdefender rundll32 exe removar
- how to remove rundll32 exe virus in windows 7
- how to remove rundll32 exe
- how to remove rundll32
- rundll32 exe virus removal tool
- rundll32 exe virus removal tool download
- rundll32 exe error close browser tab
- remove RunDll32 exe
- rundll32 manual delete
- remove rundll32
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.