Rusearcher.com Removal Instructions (Uninstall Rusearcher.com)
Rusearcher.com is a Russian browser hijacker that may look like a regular search portal at first. The reason it is classified as a browser hijacker is because it can replace your browser settings without your notice. It usually appears in your browsers after you install free third party software.
The hijacker is distributed by Artex Management S.A., which is a company that is also responsible for a potentially unwanted application called Content Defender. One of the main goals of the hijacker is to boost web traffic. Its symptoms are mostly related to this goal and they are not beneficial to computer users in any way. We suggest that you terminate Rusearcher.com without hesitation.
How does Rusearcher.com work?
Once the hijacker gets access to your computer, it switches your home page and default search engine to Rusearcher.com in all of your browsers. This webpage contains a search box and not much else. Above the search box, you will find a drop down menu that is supposed to allow you to choose between Mail.ru, Rambler.ru, and Yandex.ru, which are all Russian search engines. Interestingly enough, if you choose to go with Mail.ru, you will still be rerouted to Nova.rambler.ru. In any case, if you do not speak Russian, none of these engines will provide you with relevant content.
As it has already been mentioned, the hijacker will cause more changes than just the browser settings modifications. It will also flood you with all kinds of commercials that will pop-up on all of your visited pages and reroute you to unfamiliar sites for no reason. What you should keep in mind is that the hijacker does not hold any responsibility for the content that it shows you. The online data could easily be misleading or completely false. If you click on it, you may end up on corrupted pages and infect your PC with malware. You should not take such unnecessary risks. If you want to improve your online safety, you should delete Rusearcher.com right away.
How to remove Rusearcher.com?
You can eliminate Rusearcher.com with the help of a malware removal tool or you can complete manual Rusearcher.com removal yourself. The first option is much more efficient, because it allows you to not only clean your PC from various threats, but also make sure that it stays clean and protected in the future. In order to remove Rusearcher.com automatically, you can implement the anti-malware utility presented on our page. Alternatively, you can go with the manual removal option. It requires you to delete Rusearcher.com related application and restore your browser settings. Both of these tasks are described in the manual removal instructions presented below the article, and you are welcome to use them.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Rusearcher.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Rusearcher.com. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Rusearcher.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version. More...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
What is Bitdefender Antivirus Software? Bitdefender is an anti-virus application that provides advanced protection against Internet-based threats. You can choose between Bitdefender Anti-Virus Plus, ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Rusearcher.com and related programs.
Remove Rusearcher.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Rusearcher.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Rusearcher.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Rusearcher.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Rusearcher.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Rusearcher.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Rusearcher.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Rusearcher.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Rusearcher.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Rusearcher.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.