What is Safe-search.net?
Safe-search.net is a browser hijacker that belongs to AVSoftware LLC. It usually travels online along with the SafeSearch extension. The hijacker affects all well-known browsers by altering their settings. It can replace your home page, new tab, and default search engine. In addition to that, it also causes such disruptions as bombarding you with adverts, redirecting you to its sponsor sites, and slowing down your Internet surfing speed. There is no reason why you should tolerate these inconveniences. We advise that you terminate Safe-search.net as soon as you can.
How does Safe-search.net work?
Safe-search.net gets set as your home page and default search provider as soon as the hijacker takes over. The site presents you with a search box, four search parameters (Web, Images, Videos, and News), and quick access buttons to Gmail, Facebook, and YouTube. Below the search box, you will see a suspicious advert. You should avoid clicking on it as it is clearly fake. Unfortunately, you will see fake adverts on other pages as well. You should stay away from them, if you do not wish having to deal with such outcomes as financial losses, malware infections, and so on. If you want to improve your online safety, you should get rid of Safe-search.net.
As we have already mentioned, the hijacker usually arrives with SafeSearch Toolbar. This toolbar may appear in your browsers seemingly out of nowhere, but you most likely installed it along with other freeware downloaded from a third-party software hosting website. If you want to avoid similar situations in the future, you should always install free software in the Advanced mode and decline all optional offers presented to you in the wizard. As for now, you should focus on how to delete Safe-search.net from your browsers and go back to your original preferences.
How to remove Safe-search.net?
You can eliminate Safe-search.net for good by uninstalling its related application and restoring your browser settings. These tasks can be completed manually or automatically. Automatic Safe-search.net removal is much more effective, because it allows you to clean your PC completely. If you download the malware remover from our page, it will scan your system, detect all issues, and erase Safe-search.net along with them. The anti-malware tool will also stay useful in the future by providing your computer with real-time online protection. Alternatively, you can go with the manual Safe-search.net removal option. Instructions presented below the article can help you with this method.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Safe-search.netUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Safe-search.net. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Safe-search.net and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Safe-search.net and related programs.
Remove Safe-search.net from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Safe-search.net from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Safe-search.net from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Safe-search.net from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Safe-search.net or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Safe-search.net from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Safe-search.net from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Safe-search.net from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Safe-search.net from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Safe-search.net and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.