Safe-web.tk Removal Tips
Safe-web.tk is a browser hijacker that enters your system along with other potentially unwanted applications. It is owned and operated by SafeWeb Studio. The hijacker travels in free software bundles. It is aimed at boosting online traffic.
It uses various tactics to do so including altering your browser settings, redirecting you to its sponsor sites, inserting ads into your browsers, and more. There is no point in tolerating these inconveniences, because the hijacker is not particularly beneficial for computer users. We advise that you do not waste any time on it and terminate Safe-web.tk as soon as you can.
Safe-web.tk is not the only one of its kind. There are a few other pages that are practically identical to it. The site replaces your home page and default search engine after the hijacker gets access to your PC. It contains a search box that shows your Google Custom Search results. Keep in mind that these results may contain unreliable sponsored links. Below the search box you will find My Bookmarks and My Saved Searches sections that can be customized according to your preferences. The page also contains a suspicious advert that you should avoid clicking on.
Some features of the Safe-web.tk page may seem useful to you, however, the fact that it exposes you to unreliable ads is not something you should ignore. Moreover, the hijacker will also flood you with fake ads and cause unsafe redirects in the middle of your surfing sessions. This will slow down your online browsing speed and lower your cyber security level. You may get exposed to corrupted pages and infect your computer with malware or other potentially unwanted programs. You should not take such risks. The sooner you eliminate Safe-web.tk from your browsers, the better.
How to remove Safe-web.tk?
There are two options you can choose from, if you want to delete Safe-web.tk from your browsers: manual or automatic removal. If you choose the first option, you will have to uninstall the software with which the hijacker arrived onto your PC. Afterwards, you will be able to uninstall Safe-web.tk from your browsers. Both of these tasks are described in the instructions presented below the article. If, however, you decide to remove Safe-web.tk automatically, then you will have to implement a reputable anti-malware utility and clean your system with it. The malware remover presented on our page can scan your computer and detect all of its issues. You can also use it to delete Safe-web.tk and other threats and keep your PC safeguarded in the future.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Safe-web.tkUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Safe-web.tk. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Safe-web.tk and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Safe-web.tk and related programs.
Remove Safe-web.tk from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Safe-web.tk from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Safe-web.tk from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Safe-web.tk from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Safe-web.tk or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Safe-web.tk from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Safe-web.tk from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Safe-web.tk from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Safe-web.tk from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Safe-web.tk and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.