About this hijacker
safesear.ch/web is a browser hijacker, also referred to as a redirect virus. If you happen to find it on your computer, you need pay closer attention to how you install free software because you allowed it to install yourself. Fortunately for you, hijackers are not malicious.
They change browser’s settings so that your homepage and new tabs are set to the hijacker’s domain. The hijacker will then try to redirect you to sponsored content because it exists to generate traffic for those sponsored sites. More traffic means more money for site owners so essentially, you are used to make money but get nothing in return. You should try to avoid getting rerouted because you could end up on weird sites which could have malware on them. This could lead to a serious infection so you best delete safesear.ch/web.
Why remove safesear.ch/web?
Browser hijackers use a sneaky method to infect computers because otherwise they would not be able to spread this much. They use the bundling method, and what that means is that hijackers are attached to freeware as extra items and you need to manually deselect them to prevent their installation. This can only be done in Advanced or Custom settings of the freeware installation process. Those settings will show you what has been added as well as allow you to deselect everything. If you want to avoid having to uninstall safesear.ch/web or similar over and over again, make sure you deselect everything.
As soon as the hijacker installs onto your computer, it will make changes to your browsers and set its domain as your homepage and new tabs. The changes will affect all leading browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. You might also notice that the changes are irreversible, meaning that while the hijacker is on your computer, it will alter settings whenever you do. This can get annoying pretty quickly, especially because you will be forced to use a dubious search engine. Your homepage site looks decent, though it’s obvious that it’s not something you would set willingly. If you were to search for something, whether you use the browser address bar or the search box on the site, you will be taken to My Yahoo Search. You might encounter sponsored content among the results, which is why we do not recommend using it. You could even end up clicking on something malicious which could lead to malware infecting your system. In any case, by allowing it to remain you will gain nothing. We suggest you remove safesear.ch/web.
The quickest way to uninstall safesear.ch/web would be to use professional anti-spyware software. It would locate the hijacker and make sure to get rid of it fully. If you go with manual safesear.ch/web removal, you might take more time because you would need to find the hijacker yourself.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove SafeSear.ch/webUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall SafeSear.ch/web. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like SafeSear.ch/web and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall SafeSear.ch/web and related programs.
Remove SafeSear.ch/web from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall SafeSear.ch/web from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete SafeSear.ch/web from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove SafeSear.ch/web from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for SafeSear.ch/web or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete SafeSear.ch/web from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase SafeSear.ch/web from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove SafeSear.ch/web from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall SafeSear.ch/web from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable SafeSear.ch/web and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.