What is Safesearch?
Safesearch.raaz.io is a browser hijacker that enters your PC together with the SafeSearch by Raaz extension. This extension is promoted as a tool that can help you protect your privacy while surfing the Web. It is supposed to prevent the tracking of your search queries. This add-on can be downloaded from its official site at Raaz.io or it may get installed onto your computer with the help of a freeware bundle. If you want to go back to your original browser preferences, you will have to get rid of Safesearch.raaz.io as well as its related extension.
How does Safesearch work?
The main symptom of the infection is that your browser settings get switched to Safesearch.raaz.io. These settings include your home page and default search provider. The website itself actually looks quite reliable. It has the SafeSearch logo and a search box. When you enter a term into the box, you get presented with original results. Keep in mind, however, that these results may include sponsored links. In fact, commercial data may appear on all of your visited pages. You need to know that not all ads you see online are trustworthy. Make sure not to click on any suspicious ads, if you do not want to deal with such unfavorable outcomes as malware infection, financial losses, and more.
Although the main beneficial feature of the SafeSearch extension seems to be the fact that it protects your online privacy, it should be mentioned that its partners will track your cookies and collect information about your browsing activities. This is done in order to customize the ads you see online and make them appear more useful to you. If you want to eliminate the unnecessary adverts and thus improve your online browsing speed and security level, you should terminate Safesearch.raaz.io without hesitation.
How to remove Safesearch?
You can delete Safesearch from your browsers in one of two ways: manually or automatically. If you choose manual Safesearch.raaz.io removal, you will have to uninstall the app that entered your system with the hijacker and fix your browser settings. In case you need more detailed instructions on how to complete these tasks, you are more than welcome to use the manual Safesearch.raaz.io removal guide presented below the article. If, on the other hand, you choose to eliminate Safesearch.raaz.io automatically, you can implement the anti-malware tool from our page. It will not only clean your PC from all potential threats, but it will also shield your computer from other online infections like adware, worms, Trojans, rootkits, spyware, malware, and so on.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove SafesearchUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Safesearch. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Safesearch and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Step 1. Uninstall Safesearch and related programs.
Remove Safesearch from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Safesearch from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Safesearch from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Safesearch from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Safesearch or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Safesearch from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Safesearch from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Safesearch from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Safesearch from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Safesearch and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.