Tips on Safesearch.net Removal
Safesearch.net is a browser hijacker developed by AVSoftware LLC. It gets distributed together with a browser extension called SafeSearch, which is promoted as a unique search engine that can provide you with the best results.The hijacker usually gets installed with the help of freeware and shareware bundles. It is compatible with all major web browsers including Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and others. If you never wanted to alter your browser settings, you should get rid of Safesearch.net without further delay.
How does Safesearch.net work?
As it has already been mentioned, Safesearch.net travels together with SafeSearch extension in free third party software bundles. You may not have noticed agreeing to install the additional components, because they are not presented in the clearest way. It is important that you keep in mind that more often than not freeware comes with optional offers. We advise that you decline these offers, because they are rarely of any use. In order to do that, you need to choose the Advanced installation mode, whenever you can, and deselect all unfamiliar apps from the wizard.
After the infiltration, the hijacker switches your home page and default search provider to Safesearch.net. This site looks more or less reliable. It has a search box with such parameters as Web, Images, News, and Videos. If you enter a term into the box, you get rerouted to Bing.com. If you want to use Bing Search, you do not have to go through the hijacker first. Moreover, it is possible that Bing results will be altered to include ads and sponsored links. You may also see advertising content on other visited sites. The hijacker can insert commercial data into all of your browsers, and it can also cause redirects to unknown pages. If you want to eliminate these symptoms, you will have to delete Safesearch.net.
How to remove Safesearch.net?
In order to terminate Safesearch.net, you will have to choose from two possible options: manual or automatic removal. If you choose to erase Safesearch.net manually, you will have uninstall the hijacker’s related program and fix your browser settings. Both of these tasks are described in more detail in the manual removal guide presented below the article. If, on other hand, you choose to remove Safesearch.net automatically, you will have to implement an anti-malware application, which you can download from our site. It will scan your system and detect all unwanted components. The security software will then eliminate Safesearch.net along with other threats. It will also stay useful in the future by providing your PC with real-time online protection and other beneficial features.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Safesearch.netUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Safesearch.net. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Safesearch.net and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Safesearch.net and related programs.
Remove Safesearch.net from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Safesearch.net from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Safesearch.net from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Safesearch.net from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Safesearch.net or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Safesearch.net from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Safesearch.net from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Safesearch.net from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Safesearch.net from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Safesearch.net and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.