Safesearch1.ru is a fake search engine that can be considered to be a browser hijacker. It can get onto computers via freeware and most users are not even aware of it installing until it has already made home on their computers. It’s not a malicious computer infection so if you notice Safesearch1.ru, don’t panic. If it hijacks your browser, it will want to redirect you to sponsored websites but will not do damage to your computer. If you quickly remove Safesearch1.ru, that is. Browser hijackers are known for being able to redirect users to unsafe domains, which could lead to a serious malware infection. So if you want to surf the Internet safely, delete Safesearch1.ru.
How does Safesearch1.ru spread?
Browser hijackers are attached to certain freeware, which means that when you install the freeware, you install the hijacker as well. In order to avoid that, you need to start installing software in Advanced (Custom) settings. By doing that, you will be able to clearly see what is attached and will be installed. If you do not want those items, you can just uncheck them and they will not install. The reason browser hijackers install onto computer is because users use Default settings, where those items are not visible. Yes, that is quicker but by using those settings you could be agreeing to install all sorts of unwanted programs. In the future, use Advanced settings and you should be able to protect your computer from browser hijackers. Also, do not forget that you need to remove Safesearch1.ru.
Why do I need to uninstall Safesearch1.ru?
When Safesearch1.ru gets on your computer, it will make itself you homepage, new tabs and search engine. Every time you open your browser (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Safari) you will be redirected to Safesearch1.ru. If you use the provided search engine, Safesearch1.ru will insert a lot of sponsored content into the results. If you click on it, you could be redirected to a website that has nothing to do with what you were searching for. That is the main purpose of Safesearch1.ru, to redirect you to sponsored websites. In that way, Safesearch1.ru helps website owners make money from traffic. The thing about Safesearch1.ru is that it could redirect you to dangerous websites and you could end up with serious malware. It has also been reported that Safesearch1.ru could be collecting non-private information (search queries, websites you visit, bookmarks, etc.) about you. It’s not sensitive information but you still do not want it to end up in the wrong hands. Uninstall Safesearch1.ru and you will be able to return to normal browsing.
You can use anti-malware software to delete Safesearch1.ru from your computer. If you wish to erase Safesearch1.ru by hand, you will need to get rid of Safesearch1.ru related programs. Safesearch1.ru removal is not difficult and you should be able to do it without much difficulty.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Safesearch1.ruUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Safesearch1.ru. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Safesearch1.ru and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Safesearch1.ru and related programs.
Remove Safesearch1.ru from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Safesearch1.ru from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Safesearch1.ru from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Safesearch1.ru from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Safesearch1.ru or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Safesearch1.ru from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Safesearch1.ru from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Safesearch1.ru from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Safesearch1.ru from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Safesearch1.ru and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.