About this threat
Safewebsearches.com is a browser hijacker, usually bundled together with free software. If you have it on your system, your browser’s settings have been changed and you are now redirected to a weird page whenever you open your browser. Users usually have no recollection of ever allowing it to install. This indicates that it is distributed via freeware.
What that means is that it was attached to free software and users did not notice it during installation. If that is the case, those users need to review how they install free programs because they allowed the hijackers to enter themselves. While a hijacker will not damage your computer directly, it should not be allowed to remain because those redirects to sponsored sites that it will perform might not always be safe. You could accidentally end up with some kind of malware. Thus we suggest you remove Safewebsearches.com.
Why delete Safewebsearches.com?
Browser hijacker are attached to free software as extra offers and if you want to avoid them, you need to manually deselect them. This can only be done in Advanced or Custom settings. If you use Default settings, you will end up installing all kinds of unwanted programs onto your computer because those settings do not show anything attached. In Advanced, you will see if anything is attached and if there is, you will allowed to deselect everything. It takes much less time to uncheck a few boxes than it would be to uninstall Safewebsearches.com.
As soon as the hijacker gets into the computer, your browsers will load a weird page every time you open them. This will affect all leading browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox so you will not be able to run away from it. Once the settings have been changed, you will not be able to undo the modifications because the hijacker will just change them again. So if you want to undo the changes, you will first need to remove Safewebsearches.com. You will be encouraged to use the provided search engine but bear in mind that it may be inserting sponsored web pages into results so that you would be redirected. You may be led to all kinds of weird pages and end up on sites that have nothing to do with what you were searching for. This is also how you could be led to malware-infected sites. We strongly suggest you delete Safewebsearches.com.
You have two ways to uninstall Safewebsearches.com, manually and automatically. If you go with manual Safewebsearches.com removal, you will need to find where the hijack is hiding yourself. This could take more time than you realize. If you find that you are struggling, obtain professional anti-spyware software. The program would find and get rid of the hijacker for you.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Safewebsearches.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Safewebsearches.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Safewebsearches.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Safewebsearches.com and related programs.
Remove Safewebsearches.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Safewebsearches.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Safewebsearches.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Safewebsearches.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Safewebsearches.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Safewebsearches.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Safewebsearches.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Safewebsearches.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Safewebsearches.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Safewebsearches.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.