What exactly is ScorecardResearch?
ScorecardResearch, owned by Full Circle Studies, researches Internet trends and online bahaviour. It is offered as a service for website owners so that they can understand how users use their sites, how often they visit, etc. ScorecardResearch will gather all kinds of data and it will be later turned into a report so that owners can see how users use their websites, what they like and dislike about them. This is done in a variety of different ways.
If a web page owner chooses to employ ScorecardResearch, web tags will be inserted into their site. If a user was to enter the page with the web tags in it, a cookie would be deployed and it would collect certain kind of information. It not private information and generally includes browser-level behavior data, such as if you are a new or a repeat visitor, the amount of traffic the site gets and what pages in the site are visited. This helps web page owners understand how their sites are used by users.
Owners can also choose to insert pop-up surveys into their sites. If you were to enter such a website, a pop-up would appear in the form of a survey. You can choose to ignore it and just close it, or you can participate. It will not ask for any kind of personal information, merely general Internet and website use related data. Once you complete the survey, it will be logged and should not appear again on the same page but you may encounter them on other websites.
Users might be worried about personal information being collected but ScorecardResearch is only interested in when and what page of the site you visited, the URL and the title of the page. All the gathered information is analyzed and a report is made. It is then shared with the owners of that site. Using this data, owners can improve their pages according to the needs of the users.
According to ScorecardResearch, the accumulated information is stored for 90 days. However, the data can also be aggregated and indefinitely kept to be used to analytical purposes.
Can I opt out?
ScorecardResearch offers you ways to opt out of being part of these research programs. If you visit scorecardresearch.com, in the Preferences section, you will see that you can stop it from inserting cookies by clicking on a link. According to ScorecardResearch, they will count the fact that your browser visited a site but that count will not be associated with your browser.
ScorecardResearch only tracks online behavior for marketing purposes and it inserts pop-up surveys into the website thus there is no need to be concerned about malware infections on your computer.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove ScoreardResearch.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall ScoreardResearch.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like ScoreardResearch.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Delete ScoreardResearch.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase ScoreardResearch.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove ScoreardResearch.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall ScoreardResearch.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable ScoreardResearch.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.