What is Scoutee.net?
Scoutee.net is a browser hijacker that will change your browser’s settings and possibly monitor your browsing sessions. It must have entered when you were installing free software. It is attached to free programs and if you do not notice it, it will be allowed to install. You need to manually deselect them in order to stop them from installing. Generally, hijackers are not malicious and they aim to make income by redirecting users to sponsored pages. They also gather information related to browsing habits. Scoutee.net will not offer you anything of use as they are sneaky potentially unwanted programs that just want to make income. Some hijackers are even able to direct users to dangerous content which could lead to a malware infection. You will gain noting by allowing it to stay, so we suggest you uninstall Scoutee.net.
Why remove Scoutee.net?
Browser hijackers spread via software bundles and are attached in a way that allows them to install alongside the software. They are set to install automatically so in order to stop them, you will have to manually prevent them. You can do that by opting to use Advanced or Custom settings during freeware installation. Just uncheck the boxes of those added items and you can proceed to install the freeware. If you have a habit of installing a lot of freeware and rushing through the processes, it is not surprising you are stuck with having to delete Scoutee.net.
Do no be surprised if you see Scoutee.net as your homepage because hijackers change browser’s settings. They are able to do that for all major browsers installed on your computer, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Until you uninstall Scoutee.net, you will be redirected to Scoutee.net every time you open your browser. It should also be mentioned that you will not be asked to permit these changes. Scoutee.net will display a search bar and if use it, you will be taken to Bing. Using a different website to access a search engine when you can go directly to it is quite inconvenient. Scoutee.net does not offer you any kind of service that would make keeping it worth it. It may also be monitoring your browsing activities and acquiring information about you online habits and what you are interested in. This data could be sold to third parties who could use it for advertisement purposes. Do not allow this unwanted guest to stay on your computer. Remove Scoutee.net.
There are two ways to delete Scoutee.net, manually and automatically. If you opt for manual Scoutee.net removal, you will have to find the hijacker yourself and that may be difficult as it is hiding. We will provide instructions below this article but you if think you will have trouble with manual Scoutee.net removal, employ professional removal software. The program would be able to locate and erase Scoutee.net manually and you would not need to do anything.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Scoutee.netUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Scoutee.net. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Scoutee.net and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Scoutee.net and related programs.
Remove Scoutee.net from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Scoutee.net from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Scoutee.net from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Scoutee.net from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Scoutee.net or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Scoutee.net from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Scoutee.net from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Scoutee.net from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Scoutee.net from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Scoutee.net and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.