What is Screen Addict?
Screen Addict is a browser add-on that supposedly lets you access film trailers more easily. It’s also considered to be a browser hijacker and a potentially unwanted program. It can be obtained from the official website but it seems to also spread via software bundles. Essentially, it can install without your knowledge. It’s not malicious in the sense that it will not damage your computer directly.
However, it will make unwanted changes to your browser and redirect you to sponsored web pages. It does that because browser hijackers exists to generate pay-per-click revenue for sponsored websites. These redirects are not only annoying but they can also expose you to dangerous content. You could be led to a malicious website and end up with malware by the end of your browsing session. We strongly suggest you remove Screen Addict.
Why should you delete Screen Addict?
You need to be aware of how such unwanted applications end up installed onto your computer. It happens via software bundles. For example, you download free software and unknowingly to you, it has Screen Addict attached to it. When you install that freeware, you choose Default settings and that allows Screen Addict to install alongside the freeware. The mistake you would be making is picking Default settings. If something is attached, Default settings will not show you. However, if you choose Advanced (Custom) settings, you will be able to deselect all additional items. If you had opted for Advanced, you would not need to worry about having to uninstall Screen Addict. It should be noted that it can also be obtained from official download websites.
Screen Addict is a Google Chrome extension so that is the only browser which will be affected. Once it hijacks your browser, it will make certain changes. You will notice that it has set search.mysearch.com as your homepage, new tabs and search engine. These modifications are made without your explicit consent and cannot be undone before you delete Screen Addict. The provided search engine will insert sponsored web pages into the results so that it can lead you to them. You need to be careful with these redirects as they are not always safe. Browser hijackers do not care where you will end up so you could be led to a dangerous page with malware on it. That malware would download onto your computer, and that would be a serious issue. Do not trust dubious search engines to provide you secure content. We suggest you uninstall Screen Addict as soon as possible.
Screen Addict removal
If you choose to remove Screen Addict, you can do so in two ways. Manual Screen Addict removal involves you locating the extension yourself. That can be quite difficult as they are not always visible. If you think you will struggle with having to erase Screen Addict, obtain a professional removal tool. It will be able to eliminate Screen Addict with minimal effort from you.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Screen AddictUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Screen Addict. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Screen Addict and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Screen Addict and related programs.
Remove Screen Addict from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Screen Addict from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Screen Addict from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Screen Addict from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Screen Addict or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Screen Addict from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Screen Addict from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Screen Addict from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Screen Addict from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Screen Addict and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.