Search.abclauncher.com is yet another browser hijacker to add to the already irritatingly large list of these unwanted programs. Users usually allow this infection to enter their computers when they install freeware. Free programs usually come with some kind on unwanted items, like hijacker and adware and they need to be manually deselected in order to stop them from installing.
Thankfully, those items are not malicious so there is no need to be too alarmed when you notice that it has infected your browser. It will make changes to your browser, and you might not remember agreeing with them. This will allow the hijacker to attempt to redirect you to sponsored pages. This is how browser hijacker make income. You could also be redirected to a malicious site and end up with malware. To avoid this situation, you need to uninstall Search.abclauncher.com.
How is Search.abclauncher.com distributed?
You allowed the hijacker to enter yourself when you installed freeware. You may not be aware of this, but free software usually has something attached to it, like a hijacker or adware. Those attached items are set to install alongside the freeware unless you manually prevent them. To do this, use Advanced or Customs settings. All added items will be visible in those settings. If there is something attached, all you have to do is uncheck the boxes of those items. This will prevent them from installing alongside the freeware. We suggest you always use those settings because by rushing in Default, you are essentially allowing all attached items to install. If you do not want to end up having to delete Search.abclauncher.com or similar again, take our advise seriously.
Should you carry out Search.abclauncher.com removal?
As soon as you notice that Search.abclauncher.com has been set as your homepage, new tabs and search engine, make sure to remove Search.abclauncher.com from your computer. These unwanted changes will most likely be carried out without your permission and you will be unable to undo them unless you first delete Search.abclauncher.com, which you are probable eager to do anyway. Until then, whenever you open your browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, you will be redirected to Search.abclauncher.com. A search engine will be displayed but you should refrain from using it. It will insert sponsored content into the results and you may be redirected to weird sites. It could even lead you to malicious web pages where malware is waiting for you. If that were to happen, you could end up with a serious malware infection. To avoid this, uninstall Search.abclauncher.com.
If you have decided to remove Search.abclauncher.com, you will find a removal guide below this article to help you. We recommend you use anti-malware software to erase Search.abclauncher.com because that would be the quickest option and you would not need to do anything. You can also choose to eliminate Search.abclauncher.com manually but that will take more time as you will have to locate the hijacker yourself.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.abclauncher.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.abclauncher.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search.abclauncher.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search.abclauncher.com and related programs.
Remove Search.abclauncher.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.abclauncher.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.abclauncher.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.abclauncher.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.abclauncher.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.abclauncher.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.abclauncher.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.abclauncher.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.abclauncher.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.abclauncher.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.