What is search.adstopper.com?
search.adstopper.com is a yet another browser hijacker that belongs to Babylon, Ltd. It is very similar to other members of this group such as Searchgol.com, Only-search.com, Delta-search.com, and many more. The hijacker’s main page presents it as a search engine that aims at providing you with the best search results, however, that is simply not true. The so-called search engine has only one goal and that is to generate web traffic. It will not improve your online experience in any way. We advise that you eliminate search.adstopper.com from your browsers without hesitation.
How does search.adstopper.com work?
Once the hijacker enters your system, it modifies your browser settings including your home page and default search provider. The search.adstopper.com website appears on your screen each time you go online. It contains a search box and four links sponsored by Earnify. The links promote various articles, however, they cannot be trusted as they are clearly fake. You should not click on them regardless of their supposed topics. You should also avoid using your new search engine as it will not bring you the most relevant results. Instead, you will get redirected to Search.smartshopping.com.
In addition to these alterations, the hijacker will also affect your browsing speed. The excessive amount of commercial data will slow down your Internet connection. You computer performance may be affected as well. Moreover, you should know that the hijacker employs tracking cookies collecting information about your online activities including your visited sites, clicked ads, searched terms, and so on. This data can be used for creating personalized ads. Keep in mind that even these ads could be unreliable. If you want to improve your online security level, you should get rid of search.adstopper.com as soon as possible.
How to remove search.adstopper.com?
There are two ways you can delete search.adstopper.com: manually or automatically. We advise that you go with the second option as it is more effective. Automatic search.adstopper.com removal requires you to implement an anti-malware utility. It will scan your computer and detect all of its potential issues. Once the scan is complete, you will be able to erase search.adstopper.com and other unwanted files and programs. In addition to cleaning your PC, the security software will also help you keep it safe in the future by providing it with real-time online protection. As you can see, there are quite a few advantages to this option. However, if you decide that you want to terminate search.adstopper.com manually instead, you are welcome to use the instructions we have prepared below the article.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove search.adstopper.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall search.adstopper.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like search.adstopper.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Step 1. Uninstall search.adstopper.com and related programs.
Remove search.adstopper.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall search.adstopper.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete search.adstopper.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove search.adstopper.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for search.adstopper.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete search.adstopper.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase search.adstopper.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove search.adstopper.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall search.adstopper.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable search.adstopper.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.