Search Adventure Removal Tips
Search Adventure is classified as both an ad-supported program and a browser hijacker. It is aimed at boosting web traffic by inserting various adverts into your browsers. It can also change your browser settings.
The application does not provide users with any beneficial features. On the contrary, it only slows down and disrupts your online surfing. The adware affects your computer speed as well by using up a lot of your system resources. There is no question that you should delete Search Adventure from your PC. The sooner you do that, the better.
One of the main symptoms of the hijacker is that it switches your home page and default search provider to Nt.searchadventure.net. This site contains a search box and a few other features like settings and date and time. If you make use of your new search engine, you will get results modified to include sponsored links. The adware will also insert commercial data into other sites that you visit regardless of their content. These adverts will slow down your browsing considerably. Moreover, they will expose you to various scams.
The ad-supported software does not endorse the advertising data that it shows you. This means that you click on it at your own risk. We do not recommend doing so, because clicking on fake ads could result in you landing on malign pages. You may infect your PC with unreliable applications or waste your money on non-existent shopping sites. There is no reason why you should take such risks. It would be best to avoid all adverts until you eliminate Search Adventure for good.
The unsafe web content is not the only reason to terminate Search Adventure. The hijacker also tracks your cookies thus collecting information about your online habits. This data may not be personally-identifiable, but that does not mean that you should share it with the program’s developers or the third parties with which they are associated.
How to remove Search Adventure?
The good news is that you can remove Search Adventure without much difficulty. You can choose between manual and automatic removal options. If you decide to uninstall Search Adventure manually, you will have to uninstall the software from your computer and fix your browser settings. Instructions presented below the article can help you with that. Alternatively, you can download the anti-malware from our page and use it to clean your system completely. The utility will not only delete Search Adventure, but also provide your computer with real-time online protection, so that it stays clean and safe from now on.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search AdventureUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search Adventure. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search Adventure and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search Adventure and related programs.
Remove Search Adventure from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search Adventure from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search Adventure from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search Adventure from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search Adventure or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search Adventure from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search Adventure from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search Adventure from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search Adventure from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search Adventure and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.