What is Search.aquatoria.net?
Search.aquatoria.net is a browser hijacker that is promoting a dubious search engine. It is one of those unwanted items that gets attached to free software because no one would install it otherwise. You must have not paid attention to how you installed freeware because you allowed the hijacker to enter yourself.
The good news is that the hijacker is not malicious. It will not harm your computer directly because it primarily aims to generate traffic for sponsored web pages. This is why it will try to redirect you to all kinds of web pages. Not all of them will be safe and you could end up with a serious malware infection on your computer. We firmly recommend you uninstall Search.aquatoria.net promptly.
How does Search.aquatoria.net spread?
All browser hijackers use the same method to spread and that is via free software. They are attached in a way that allows them to install alongside the freeware. In order to prevent them from doing so you need to start using Advanced or Custom settings when installing programs you got from the Internet for free. In those settings you will see what has been added and if there is something, you will have the option of deselecting it/them. Do not rush through the installation process because that is why you are stuck having to remove Search.aquatoria.net in the first place.
Why delete Search.aquatoria.net?
Search.aquatoria.net will become your homepage on all leading browsers on your computer. Every time you open your browser, be it Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, you will be taken to that website. And this will go on until you uninstall Search.aquatoria.net from the system. It should also be noted that the changes were carried out without your permission. As soon as you notice that your homepage has been changed, take measures to locate and get rid of the hijacker. Do not engage with it as nothing good will come out of it. They aim to redirect you to sponsored pages so that pay-per-click revenue could be generated. It will use you to make money and what you will get is visits to random and weird pages. You could even be led to malicious sites where malware is waiting for you. Remove Search.aquatoria.net if you want to avoid a possible malware infection.
In order to delete Search.aquatoria.net fully you may need to obtain professional removal software. The program would be able to locate the hijacker quickly and you would not need to do anything. If you choose manual Search.aquatoria.net removal, you will have to locate the hijacker yourself and that may be very time-consuming.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.aquatoria.netUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.aquatoria.net. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search.aquatoria.net and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search.aquatoria.net and related programs.
Remove Search.aquatoria.net from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.aquatoria.net from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.aquatoria.net from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.aquatoria.net from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.aquatoria.net or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.aquatoria.net from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.aquatoria.net from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.aquatoria.net from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.aquatoria.net from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.aquatoria.net and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.