What is Search-armor.com?
Search-armor.com is a browser hijacker and a fake search engine. If you find Search-armor.com on your computer, it probably got on your system without you knowing. It attaches itself to freeware and when users install that freeware, Search-armor.com installs as well. Once on your computer, it will change your browser’s settings in order to redirect you to certain websites. It does that to generate traffic. You will notice that this redirect virus has made changes to your homepage, new tabs and search engine. It’s also important to note that Search-armor.com might keep track of your browsing habits (websites visited, IP addresses, etc.) and then sell that information to a third-party. It is of no use to you so it’s best you remove Search-armor.com.
How does Search-armor.com spread?
Like most browser hijackers, Search-armor.com spreads using the bundling method. The developer of Search-armor.com attached the browser hijacker to freeware so that when users install that freeware, they unknowingly install Search-armor.com as well. If you want to avoid such a scenerio, use Advanced (Custom) settings when installing something and don’t rush through the process. Advanced settings allow you to see what additional, potentially unwanted items are being installed along with the freeware. You can prevent their installation as well. Default settings prevent you from seeing them and they are automatically installed. Search-armor.com uses a sneaky way to slither into your computer so we suggest you delete Search-armor.com.
What does Search-armor.com do?
Search-armor.com changes your browser’s settings once it infiltrates your computer. You will notice that your homepage, new tabs and search engine have been changed to Search-armor.com. No matter which browser you use (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Safari), you’ll be constantly redirected to Search-armor.com. And you will not be able to change the settings back without having to uninstall Search-armor.com. That is not all. It will constantly try to redirect you to sponsored websites in order to generate traffic. That is the main purpose of Search-armor.com, to generate traffic. Those websites you might be redirected to are not always safe and you might stumble upon malware. There have also been reports that Search-armor.com gathers information about you and then sells it to third parties. As a result you might be bombarded with ads and spam emails. There are many, much more reliable search engines, so we suggest you remove Search-armor.com.
You can use anti-malware software to delete Search-armor.com but if you would rather uninstall Search-armor.com manually, you can do so as well. Instructions on Search-armor.com removal will be provided below.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search-armor.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search-armor.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search-armor.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search-armor.com and related programs.
Remove Search-armor.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search-armor.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search-armor.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search-armor.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search-armor.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search-armor.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search-armor.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search-armor.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search-armor.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search-armor.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.