Search.browsertoolbox.com Removal Guide
Search.browsertoolbox.com is a browser hijacker that comes together with FVP Image Viewer. The application itself is promoted as a good tool for viewing images and photos; however, it is mentioned nowhere that it will also set Search.browsertoolbox.com as the default homepage and search engine.
Search.browsertoolbox.com might look like a trustworthy search provider; however, the truth is that it is not, so you should delete Search.browsertoolbox.com from Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox as soon as possible.
If it is the first time you encounter a browser hijacker, you might find it quite hard to implement the Search.browsertoolbox.com removal, so we are going to help you with that in the article. You will also find out why you need to eliminate this browser hijacker from your computer.
How does Search.browsertoolbox.com work?
Search.browsertoolbox.com will set itself on all the browsers, and you will be forced to use this search engine. Actually, specialists do not recommend doing that because this search engine is untrustworthy. We say so because malware experts have managed to find out that this search engine displays the modified search results for users who enter a keyword into the search box. These search results are modified because they are not associated with the entered keyword, and they are put there to promote third-party websites. This might not sound dangerous at all; however, you should know that you might end up on a third-party website containing malware if you continue using Search.browsertoolbox.com as your primary search tool. This is a serious reason to delete Search.browsertoolbox.com from the system, but it is not the only one. Specialists say that it is very important to implement the Search.browsertoolbox.com removal also because it is not going to be friendly with your privacy. According to studies, it might record details about users, e.g. name, surname, Internet service provider, etc. On top of that, it might collect information about users’ activities on the web to know which advertisements provide them with.
How did Search.browsertoolbox.com enter my system?
As we have already told you, Search.browsertoolbox.com comes together with the image viewer. Of course, users are not told about that, so we can say that this browser hijacker enters systems without permission. It is not new that malware comes together with free software and other threats, so we have not find this surprising at all. Keep in mind that you might encounter a browser hijacker or another threat again if you do not do anything about the safety of your computer.
How can I uninstall Search.browsertoolbox.com?
Search.browsertoolbox.com should disappear from browsers if you reset them one by one. If this does not happen, you should remove Search.browsertoolbox.com in an automatic way. All you need to do is to acquire the trustworthy scanner, install it on the system, and then scan the computer with it. A trustworthy tool will not only remove Search.browsertoolbox.com, but will also eliminate all other infections that might be hiding on the system and you do not know anything about.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.browsertoolbox.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.browsertoolbox.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search.browsertoolbox.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search.browsertoolbox.com and related programs.
Remove Search.browsertoolbox.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.browsertoolbox.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.browsertoolbox.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.browsertoolbox.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.browsertoolbox.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.browsertoolbox.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.browsertoolbox.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.browsertoolbox.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.browsertoolbox.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.browsertoolbox.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.