What is Search.certified-toolbar.com?
Search.certified-toolbar.com is a browser hijacker that comes as a part of a potentially unwanted program called Certified Toolbar. Certified Toolbar is a browser add-on developed by SimplyGen. It is compatible with all popular web browsers. The application usually spreads via free third party software. Once in the system, it alters your browser settings without your permission. It also causes other unwanted disruptions. You should not trust this program or the content that it provides you with. If you want to get rid of Search.certified-toolbar.com and go back to using your preferred search tools, you should uninstall Certified Toolbar.
How does Search.certified-toolbar.com work?
As soon as the hijacker enters your system, it modifies your browser settings. Your home page, new tab and default search provider are switched to Search.certified-toolbar.com. The webpage contains a search box and such search parameters as Web, Images, Videos and Twitter. If you enter a query into the search box, you get redirected to thesmartsearch.net. The results page may contain sponsored links. Below the search box, you will see an unreliable advert that may claim that your PC has errors and needs to be diagnosed, promote some suspicious websites and so on. We advise that you stay away from this advert regardless of what it states.
Other changes that you will notice after the hijacker’s appearance are various pop-ups, hyperlinks, banners and other commercials appearing on all sites that you visit. You should know that these adverts are not endorsed by the application, so they could be fake. If you click on them, you could end up on a corrupted page and infect your PC with malware. We also advise that you do not trust websites to which the hijacker redirects you in the middle of your browsing. The sooner you delete Search.certified-toolbar.com, the sooner you can go back to uninterrupted and safe online surfing.
How to remove Search.certified-toolbar.com?
In order to eliminate Search.certified-toolbar.com from your browsers, you should uninstall its related program, Certified Toolbar, and then reset your browsers. You can do that one of two ways: manually or automatically. If you choose to delete Search.certified-toolbar.com manually, you can use the instructions we have prepared below this article. If, however, you decide to erase Search.certified-toolbar.com automatically, you should download the anti-malware tool from our page and use it to clean your PC. The malware remover will not only terminate Search.certified-toolbar.com, but it will also shield your system from other infections you may encounter online.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.certified-toolbar.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.certified-toolbar.com. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Search.certified-toolbar.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
What is Bitdefender Antivirus Software? Bitdefender is an anti-virus application that provides advanced protection against Internet-based threats. You can choose between Bitdefender Anti-Virus Plus, ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search.certified-toolbar.com and related programs.
Remove Search.certified-toolbar.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.certified-toolbar.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.certified-toolbar.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.certified-toolbar.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.certified-toolbar.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.certified-toolbar.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.certified-toolbar.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.certified-toolbar.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.certified-toolbar.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.certified-toolbar.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.