Search.charter.net Removal Instructions (Uninstall Search.charter.net)
Search.charter.net is a browser hijacker that belongs to the Charter Toolbar from Charter Communications LLC. Charter Toolbar is compatible with all major browsers. It gets distributed through freeware and shareware bundles, which is why it is classified as a potentially unwanted program. It will not only change your browser settings with the help of the hijacker, but it will also make other modifications.
The toolbar will get added to your browsers and start collecting information about your online surfing habits. It may also add various advertisements to your visited pages. We advise that you delete Search.charter.net along with its related application without further delay.
Once the toolbar gets installed, it switches your home page and default search provider to Search.charter.net. This site contains two search boxes and several search suggestions that appear between them including Travel, Lifestyle, Business, Computers, Shopping, Heath Care, Financial Planning, E Commerce, and some others. When you enter a query into the search box, you get presented with results that contain lots of sponsored links. These sponsored links are the first thing that you see, and each time you search the Web, you have to sort through them to get to the actual results. That is not the most convenient way to look for information online. That is why we suggest that you remove Search.charter.net and go back to your original browser preferences.
Changing your browser settings is not the only action taken by the hijacker. It exhibits lots of other unwanted symptoms. It can insert various adverts into your visited sites and redirect you to unfamiliar webpages during your browsing sessions. This commercial data considerably slows down your Internet surfing speed. The hijacker also affects your system speed. Moreover, it collects data concerning the sites you visit, the searches you make, and so on. These details may be shared with third parties. If you want to eliminate all of the above-mentioned symptoms of the hijacker, you will have to terminate Search.charter.net right away.
How to remove Search.charter.net?
In order to eliminate Search.charter.net from your browsers, you will first have to delete its associated program, i.e. Charter Toolbar, from your computer. Afterwards, you will be able to fix your browser settings manually. Full manual Search.charter.net removal guide is presented below the article. It contains step-by-step instructions, so if you follow it carefully, you should not have any difficulties with this removal method. Alternatively, you can download and implement the anti-malware tool from our website. It will thoroughly scan your PC, detect all potential threats, and delete Search.charter.net along with them. In addition to cleaning your computer, the security software will also protect it from similar and more dangerous Internet-based infections that you may encounter while browsing the Web in the future.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.charter.netUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.charter.net. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search.charter.net and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search.charter.net and related programs.
Remove Search.charter.net from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.charter.net from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.charter.net from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.charter.net from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.charter.net or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.charter.net from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.charter.net from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.charter.net from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.charter.net from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.charter.net and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
- *@CHARTER NET
- @charter net
- charter web browser search safari
- disable android search charter net
- how to remove search charter net from safari
- how to remove search charter net MAC
- safari search charter net
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.