Search.chipopo.info is a browser hijacker associated with Chipopo browser extension. If you have Chipopo installed onto your computer, Search.chipopo.info has been set as your homepage and new tabs. It is not a malicious computer virus so no need to panic but it should not remain on your computer. If you do not recall downloading this hijacker yourself, then it must have entered your computer along with software bundles. This is a very common way for unwanted programs to spread when users avoid installing it themselves. If this has happened, you need to develop better installation habits because you basically allowed Search.chipopo.info to install yourself. The search engine provided may not be malicious or harmful but the fact that it does not ask for your permission to enter the system should be a big red flag about how trustworthy it is. We suggest you remove Search.chipopo.info.
How does Search.chipopo.info spread?
The main spread method of any browser hijacker is software bundles. What happens is, a hijacker is attached to free software in a way that allows it to install along side it without you even noticing. Next time you install programs you obtained from the Internet, pay close attention to the installation process and read all the information provided. It should be clearly stated that if there is anything attached, you agree to install it by proceeding. If possible, choose Advanced (Custom) settings and deselect what has been added. All you have to do is uncheck the added items and that will prevent them from installing. We strongly suggest you always use Advanced as otherwise, you will end up having to delete Search.chipopo.info or something of the same kind.
Why uninstall Search.chipopo.info?
The add-on associated with Search.chipopo.info is advertised as a tool that will give you access to various kinds of wallpapers for your browser. While that is a useful feature for certain users, the fact that it can enter your computer without your permission is rather worrying. If you did not agree to install it, the browser changes will come as a surprise. What will be even more surprising is the fact that you will be unable to undo the setting changes without first having to delete Search.chipopo.info. Search.chipopo.info will be set as your homepage and new tabs so do not be surprised when you see it when you launch your browser. It will not necessarily act maliciously or insert sponsored content as a lot of browser hijackers do but we suggest you avoid using it. You should remove Search.chipopo.info.
To uninstall Search.chipopo.info from your computer, you will need to get rid of Chipopo. If the anti-malware program of your choice classifies it as a PUP, it should be able to locate and take care of Search.chipopo.info removal for you. If you do not wish to erase Search.chipopo.info automatically, you can choose to do it manually.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.chipopo.infoUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.chipopo.info. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search.chipopo.info and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search.chipopo.info and related programs.
Remove Search.chipopo.info from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.chipopo.info from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.chipopo.info from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.chipopo.info from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.chipopo.info or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.chipopo.info from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.chipopo.info from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.chipopo.info from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.chipopo.info from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.chipopo.info and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.