What is Search.cl-cmf.com?
Search.cl-cmf.com is a browser hijacker and a dubious search engine. It can infect your computer via software bundles and you might not even notice it entering. It’s your typical browser hijacker, it alters your browser’s settings and redirects you to sponsored websites. This is why it exists, to generate traffic by redirecting you. Despite what many users think, Search.cl-cmf.com is not a computer virus and will harm your computer directly. It can, however, lead you to questionable domains and some of them could be unsafe. You might end up with malware by the end of your browsing session. This is why we strongly suggest you delete Search.cl-cmf.com from your computer.
Why should I remove Search.cl-cmf.com?
If Search.cl-cmf.com ended up on your computer, you must have recently installed freeware. If you’re a fan of freeware, you should be aware that it can have additional items attached to it. For example, a browser hijacker, adware or a potentially unwanted program (PUP). They are all optional unless you choose Default settings during freeware installation, which is what most users opt for. If you want to avoid unwanted installations, always use Advanced (Custom) settings. They will allow you to see and deselect all added items.
When Search.cl-cmf.com installs onto your computer, it will alter your browser’s settings and set its domain as your homepage and new tabs. Those changes can be made to all leading browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Safari. And you will not be asked to permit those changes. It might even prevent your from changing them back unless you first delete Search.cl-cmf.com from your computer. The search engine gives you modified Yahoo results and seems to insert loads of sponsored content into them. You could be led to a website that has nothing to do with what you were looking for, or even a dangerous domain. If you were to enter one, you could accidentally download malware onto your computer. Browser hijackers also track your browsing sessions and have access to your IP addresses, as well as web and search histories. Do not allow Search.cl-cmf.com to make unwanted changes, redirect you to sponsored websites and gather information about you. Uninstall Search.cl-cmf.com.
In order to uninstall Search.cl-cmf.com from your computer, we suggest you use anti-malware software. It should be able to quickly take care of Search.cl-cmf.com removal. If you do not have it and are not planning on getting it, you can also remove Search.cl-cmf.com by hand. This is a bit more tricky as you will need to locate and erase Search.cl-cmf.com related programs yourself and some users struggle with that. Refer to the instructions below for guidance on how to eliminate Search.cl-cmf.com.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.cl-cmf.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.cl-cmf.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search.cl-cmf.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search.cl-cmf.com and related programs.
Remove Search.cl-cmf.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.cl-cmf.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.cl-cmf.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.cl-cmf.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.cl-cmf.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.cl-cmf.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.cl-cmf.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.cl-cmf.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.cl-cmf.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.cl-cmf.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.