What is search.conduit.com?
search.conduit.com is a browser hijacker that promotes a dubious search engine. It must have entered your computer along with free software because you did not notice it being attached. It will not harm your computer directly but it will make unwanted changes to your browser and attempt to redirect you to sponsored pages.
That is the main reason why a hijacker even exists. It aims to make pay-per-click income by redirecting you. While hijackers are not malicious and are not considered to be high-level infections, they can still bring about unwanted results. search.conduit.com does not filter through the sites it exposes you to so you could end up on a malicious page. If you were to enter such a page, you could pick up malware by mistake. Delete search.conduit.com.
How does search.conduit.com spread?
All browser hijackers use the same way to spread and that is via software bundles. If you are not attentive when you install free software, you might end up missing hijackers or adware that could be attached to the freeware. You should always use Advanced (Custom) settings when installing anything. You will be given a clear list of what has been added. If there is something, you will be given the option of deselecting it/them. This should stop added items from installing. The reason why you are stuck with having to remove search.conduit.com now is because you rushed through the installation process in Default settings.
Why uninstall search.conduit.com?
search.conduit.com will become your homepage and new tabs if you allow this hijacker to install. It does look not malicious but it may alarm users because they were not asked to permit these changes. You will also be unable to undo these changes unless you first remove search.conduit.com. All leading browsers will be affected, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. The website provides a search engine and claims to be the fastest and the most accurate search engine on the Internet. If you search for something, you may be given sponsored results that could lead you to weird sites. Since browser hijackers aim to generate traffic for those sites, which in turn would make income, it will try to redirect you every chance it gets. While that does not seem too serious of a problem, you should also be aware that it can redirect you to malicious pages. You may end with serious malware on your computer if you are not careful. We suggest you delete search.conduit.com.
While it is usually not difficult to uninstall search.conduit.com, locating the hijacker may be. Which is why manual search.conduit.com removal may become very time-consuming. If you want a quick solution to your problem, we suggest you obtain reliable removal software and have it erase search.conduit.com for you. After you eliminate search.conduit.com, you will be able to change browser’s settings and go back to usual browsing.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove search.conduit.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall search.conduit.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like search.conduit.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall search.conduit.com and related programs.
Remove search.conduit.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall search.conduit.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete search.conduit.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove search.conduit.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for search.conduit.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete search.conduit.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase search.conduit.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove search.conduit.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall search.conduit.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable search.conduit.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.