What is search-default.com?
Search-Default.com is a browser hijacker spread as a legitimate search provider, so when a browser hijacker enters a user’s computer, he/she notices new settings applied. To be more specific, users find a new URL search-default.com set as a homepage and default search engine. This search tool might look quite legitimate at first sight because it acts like ordinary search tools do, i.e. it shows search results when a search query is entered.
Despite the fact that search-default.com shares similarities with legitimate search providers, this does not change the fact that this search tool is a part of a browser hijacker infection. Because of this, the search-default.com removal is unavoidable. Find it explained in detail in the last paragraph how to uninstall search-default.com from all web browsers easily and quickly.
How does this redirect act?
Although search-default virus has several features of a legitimate search provider, it is surely not a trustworthy search tool and never will be. It has been found that the only activity it does on users’ computers is changing web browsers’ settings. Because of this, it is loaded to users. Since users see it when they open any of their browsers, it is not surprising that many of them start using it as a default search engine. Of course, they do not even understand that the search tool they see is not trustworthy and can cause trouble. Some users do not even notice the changes applied. It seems that you are not one of them if you are reading this article. Specialists say that despite the good-looks of search-default virus, it must be removed from browsers as soon as possible because it does not act like a legitimate search engine. It shows search results, but, if you compare them with those displayed by legitimate search tools, e.g. Google, you will see the difference. Its search results contain tons of advertisements, and they redirect straight to other pages. There is no information about these websites promoted, so you might be taken to all kinds of websites, even those with malicious software on them. You can save yourself by going to uninstall search-default.com from browsers today.
Where does it come from?
A deceptive method bundling is used to distribute browser hijackers, and search-default is one of them. It travels in these malicious software bundles, and, consequently, enters computers without permission. Do you see it set on your browsers? If your answer to this question is “yes”, we suggest that you delete search-default.com fully today. We hope the last paragraph of this article will help you.
How can I remove search-default.com from all my browsers?
We cannot say that it will be easy to delete search-default from Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox, but we are sure that you must implement the search-default.com removal as soon as possible because its presence might result in all kinds of problems. There are two ways to remove search-default.com from browsers: erase it manually or let an automatic tool delete this infection in an automatic manner.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search-Default.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search-Default.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search-Default.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search-Default.com and related programs.
Remove Search-Default.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search-Default.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search-Default.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search-Default.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search-Default.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search-Default.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search-Default.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search-Default.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search-Default.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search-Default.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.