Search.easymoviesaccess.com Removal Guide (Uninstall Search.easymoviesaccess.com)
Search.easymoviesaccess.com is a browser hijacker that enters your system as a part of the browser extension called Easy Movie Access. This extension is advertised as a utility that can provide you with quick access to movie reviews, TV schedule, media resources, and so on. It can be downloaded from its official page, however, it may also enter your PC through freeware bundles.
The extension is promoted as a new tab page, but it modifies your home page and default search engine as well. If you do not find it useful, you should terminate Search.easymoviesaccess.com right away.
How does Search.easymoviesaccess.com work?
The Easy Movie Access extension sets your home page, new tab, and default search engine to Search.easymoviesaccess.com. It also adds a toolbar to your browsers. The toolbar has such buttons as IMDb, Latest Movie Reviews, Show Times, YouTube, and Local Weather. It also presents you with a search box. This search box as well as the one that you see on your new home page shows you results from SaferBrowser Yahoo Search. SaferBrowser is the company that owns Easy Movie Access. The sponsored links that it adds to your search results may be unreliable.
Unfortunately, the same can be stated about other adverts that you are bound to encounter while surfing the Web. The pop-ups, links, coupons, banners, and other ads will appear on your screen no matter which sites you visit. These ads cannot be trusted, because they are not endorsed by the extension. Clicking on the advertisements could result in serious troubles including malware infections and financial losses. You should not take such unnecessary risks, when it comes to your online safety. What you should do is delete Search.easymoviesaccess.com and its related program as soon as you can.
How to remove Search.easymoviesaccess.com?
You can eliminate Search.easymoviesaccess.com from your browsers manually or automatically. Manual Search.easymoviesaccess.com removal requires you to uninstall Easy Movie Access from your PC and your extensions. Afterwards, you will also have to fix your home page and default search engine. If you are not sure how to complete these tasks, you are welcome to use the removal guide presented below. Alternatively, you can implement the anti-malware tool from our site to delete Search.easymoviesaccess.com automatically. This way, you will also make sure to eliminate other potential threats from your system. Moreover, after you remove Search.easymoviesaccess.com, you will be able to surf the Web without any worries as the security tool will shield your PC from various parasites at all times.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.easymoviesaccess.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.easymoviesaccess.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search.easymoviesaccess.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Step 1. Uninstall Search.easymoviesaccess.com and related programs.
Remove Search.easymoviesaccess.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.easymoviesaccess.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.easymoviesaccess.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.easymoviesaccess.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.easymoviesaccess.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.easymoviesaccess.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.easymoviesaccess.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.easymoviesaccess.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.easymoviesaccess.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.easymoviesaccess.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.