Search.fc-cmf.com Removal Tips (Uninstall Search.fc-cmf.com)
Search.fc-cmf.com is a yet another hijacker powered by SaferBrowser. It spreads online with a browser extension called Localhost in free software bundles. The extension may be promoted as a tool that can provide you with quick access to your email accounts, but its drawbacks far outweigh its usefulness.
The hijacker alters your browser settings and starts flooding you with ads. It does not matter which web browser you use, various adverts will still show up on your screen, because the hijacker is compatible with all of them. We advise that you terminate Search.fc-cmf.com and go back to your preferred settings.
How does Search.fc-cmf.com work?
After the hijacker and its extension get installed, it modifies your home page, new tab, and default search provider changing them to Search.fc-cmf.com. The website presents you with a toolbar, a search box, and such quick access buttons as Gmail, AOL, Yahoo, Outlook, Hotmail, and Google Maps. If you make use of your new search engine, you will get results from SaferBrowser Yahoo Search. These results are modified by SaferBrowser to include sponsored links, which means that they cannot be trusted.
Unfortunately, the same can be stated about other adverts that you will encounter online. They are not endorsed by the hijacker, so they may be fake. Clicking on them could lead you to dangerous websites promoting various scams. It you do not want to accidentally infect your computer or fall for some other scam, you should stay away from all ads until you delete Search.fc-cmf.com. The hijacker will also cause redirects to unfamiliar pages and decrease your Internet surfing speed. It may also track your cookies thus recording your online habits. As you can see, you have plenty of reason to eliminate Search.fc-cmf.com from your browsers.
How to remove Search.fc-cmf.com?
You can delete Search.fc-cmf.com manually or automatically. If you choose manual removal option, you will have to uninstall the hijacker’s related program (Localhost) from your computer and reset your web browsers. These tasks are described in the instructions below the article, which you are welcome to use, should you decide to delete Search.fc-cmf.com manually. Alternatively, you can implement an anti-malware utility and clean your PC automatically. This will ensure that you not only remove Search.fc-cmf.com, but also remove other unsafe components from your computer. Moreover, if you acquire the malware removal and prevention tool from our site, it will stay useful to you for as long as you keep it installed and updated.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.fc-cmf.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.fc-cmf.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search.fc-cmf.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search.fc-cmf.com and related programs.
Remove Search.fc-cmf.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.fc-cmf.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.fc-cmf.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.fc-cmf.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.fc-cmf.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.fc-cmf.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.fc-cmf.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.fc-cmf.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.fc-cmf.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.fc-cmf.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.