What is http://search.fozhand.com/?
http://search.fozhand.com/ is a search engine that might appear on Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox browsers. As it usually does that without permission, specialists call this search engine a browser hijacker. The search engine itself does not differ from other regular search engines; however, it is known that it might still cause harm to the system during a short period of time. As we care about your system’s safety, we suggest that you remove http://search.fozhand.com/ from browsers as soon as possible. We know that it might be hard to implement the http://search.fozhand.com/ removal independently, so we have decided to help our readers. Please, read this article carefully if you want to find out more about http://search.fozhand.com/ and/or its deletion process.
How does http://search.fozhand.com/ act?
As http://search.fozhand.com/ is known to be a browser hijacker, there is no doubt that it will replace your regular homepage and search engine. You might want to leave it there when you notice this search engine because it looks very powerful. It is evident that it enables users to search for images, news, and videos. Of course, it will provide general search results too. Unfortunately, these search results cannot be trusted fully. The reason why we cannot trust them is simple – they contain third-party links and advertisements that might redirect to other web pages. Not all the web pages these ads and links lead users to are reliable, so you might even find malicious software on them and infect your computer. We are sure that you do not wish this to happen, so we recommend that you uninstall http://search.fozhand.com/ from browsers now and then set another search engine. As we have said, we will help you with the http://search.fozhand.com/ removal further in this article, so continue reading it.
How did http://search.fozhand.com/ browser hijacker enter my system?
There is a number of browser hijackers on the web. All of them are different, but they are distributed in the same way, i.e. they attach to other free programs and travel together with them. Such bundles can be downloaded from torrent web pages and other third-party web pages like softonic.com. If you surf the web on a daily basis, we highly recommend that you take care of your system’s safety in advance in order not to encounter a browser hijacker or another threat again. You can do that by installing a security tool on the system.
How to delete http://search.fozhand.com/ from browsers?
You should not use http://search.fozhand.com/ as your primary search engine because it might redirect to other web pages really quickly. Luckily, it is possible to remove http://search.fozhand.com/ rather easily. All you need to do is to reset your browsers one by one. You can also delete http://search.fozhand.com/ automatically too. First of all, you need to acquire a trustworthy antimalware tool and install it on the system. Secondly, you should scan your system in order to implement the http://search.fozhand.com/ removal. An automatic tool will also erase other infections from PC. In other words, it will make the system 100% clean.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove search.fozhand.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall search.fozhand.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like search.fozhand.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall search.fozhand.com and related programs.
Remove search.fozhand.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall search.fozhand.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete search.fozhand.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove search.fozhand.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for search.fozhand.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete search.fozhand.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase search.fozhand.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove search.fozhand.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall search.fozhand.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable search.fozhand.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.