Search.funcybertabsearch.com Removal Guide
Search.funcybertabsearch.com is a browser hijacker that enters your PC as a part of the FunCyberTab extension. The extension belongs to Imali Media Ltd and is classified as potentially unwanted. Imali is responsible for a number of apps that are aimed at making profit for them and are not particularly useful to computer users.
FunCyberTab is no different. Other than providing you with quick access links, it does not have any beneficial features. However, it does have plenty of drawbacks like browser settings alterations, advertisements, redirects, and more. We advise that you terminate Search.funcybertabsearch.com without further delay.
How does Search.funcybertabsearch.com work?
FunCyberTab gets distributed in freeware bundles that you can acquire on third party software hosting sites. When you install the software, you are often offered to add other programs onto your PC. These programs are usually potentially unwanted and ad-supported. It would be best to avoid them. You can do that by choosing the Advanced or Custom installation mode, whenever it is possible, and declining all additional offers that you see. We assure you, these apps have more drawbacks than benefits, while some of them are completely useless and are only aimed at monetizing the free services.
Once FunCyberTab gets installed, it switches your home page and default search engine to Search.funcybertabsearch.com. The site contains a search box and quick access buttons to popular sites. It also presents you with a toolbar that allows you to scan domains and provides you with access to Security Tools, Email, shopping sites, social accounts, and so on. The main page as well as other sites that you visit may contain various adverts. You should know that not all of them are safe. The hijacker may also cause redirects to its associated pages, decrease your computer and Internet connection speed, and track your cookies. If you want to get rid of these symptoms, you will have to delete Search.funcybertabsearch.com.
How to remove Search.funcybertabsearch.com?
You can uninstall Search.funcybertabsearch.com manually or automatically. Manual removal is not complicated, however, it is also not as reliable as the automatic one. Still, if you choose it, you will have to uninstall FunCyberTab from your computer and browser extensions, and fix your browser settings. Instructions on how to eliminate Search.funcybertabsearch.com manually are presented below the article. The alternative solution is to implement a malware removal tool and delete Search.funcybertabsearch.com automatically. The anti-malware can be downloaded from our website. It will detect all potential threats and remove Search.funcybertabsearch.com along with them. It will also protect your computer from other online infections.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.funcybertabsearch.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.funcybertabsearch.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search.funcybertabsearch.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Step 1. Uninstall Search.funcybertabsearch.com and related programs.
Remove Search.funcybertabsearch.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.funcybertabsearch.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.funcybertabsearch.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.funcybertabsearch.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.funcybertabsearch.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.funcybertabsearch.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.funcybertabsearch.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.funcybertabsearch.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.funcybertabsearch.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.funcybertabsearch.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.