Search.gracepot.com is a website that promotes a dubious search engine. It is also a browser hijacker that can enter your computer via software bundles. If you do not remember installing it, you probably did it unknowingly. It was attached to free software, and you missed it. A browser hijacker is a kind of potentially unwanted program (PUP) that aims to generate pay-per-click revenue. In order to do that, it will make changes to your browser and set itself as your homepage. Its purpose is not to harm your computer. However, that does not mean it should remain on your system. It could possibly lead you to malicious websites where you could accidentally obtain malware. So that you do not end up infecting your computer with serious viruses, we suggest you delete Search.gracepot.com.
Why remove Search.gracepot.com?
Browser hijackers are spread using software bundles. They are attached to free software as one of those additional items that you can choose to install if you want. However, most users are not aware of them, which means they cannot prevent it from installing. To block them from installing, you need to deselect them. And that can only be done in Advanced (Custom) settings of the freeware installation process. Just uncheck the boxes of the bundled items and you can proceed to install the freeware. Do not choose Default settings because you will not be informed of any added items and they will install automatically. If you do not want to go through the trouble of having to uninstall Search.gracepot.com or something similar, we suggest you always use Advanced.
As soon as you install the hijacker, it will take over your browser. Changes will be made to your browsers and Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Safari browser can be affected. You will not be able to undo the changes without first having to delete Search.gracepot.com from your system. Search.gracepot.com will be set as your homepage and new tabs. Even at first glance, this search engine does not look reliable. If you were to use it, you would be presented with modified Yahoo results, which would include sponsored websites. We do not suggest you click on any of those sites as you can never know where you will end up. You could even encounter malware. For your own security, remove Search.gracepot.com.
In order to uninstall Search.gracepot.com fully, we suggest you use a reliable removal tool. It will locate and take care of Search.gracepot.com removal without much issue. However, if you do not want to get the program, you can try to erase Search.gracepot.com manually. But you have to make sure you eliminate Search.gracepot.com fully and not leave any leftovers behind.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.gracepot.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.gracepot.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search.gracepot.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search.gracepot.com and related programs.
Remove Search.gracepot.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.gracepot.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.gracepot.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.gracepot.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.gracepot.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.gracepot.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.gracepot.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.gracepot.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.gracepot.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.gracepot.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.