Search.greatsocialsearch.com Removal Guide
Search.greatsocialsearch.com is a web browser hijacker that enters your browsers with the GreatSocialTab extension powered by Imali Media Ltd. This company is infamous for releasing a variety of useless apps that are aimed at boosting web traffic and thus making profit for Imali. When it comes to computer users, however, these programs have more drawbacks than benefits.
They change your settings without your approval, cause redirects and Internet slow downs, and expose you to unreliable advertising data. That is why we advise that you terminate Search.greatsocialsearch.com without hesitation.
After the GreatSocialTab gets installed, it adds a toolbar to your browsers. This toolbar contains a search box, which shows you Facebook search results, and several quick access buttons like Sports, News, Email, Social, and others. The extension also introduces the hijacker into your browsers. It replaces your new tab, home page, and default search engine with Search.greatsocialsearch.com. The page presents you with a search box and quick links to Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, LinkedIn, and other sites. If you use the search box, you will get Yahoo results modified by Safe Finder. These results cannot be trusted as Safe Finder is not a reliable application.
Other symptoms associated with the hijacker include it causing redirects to its sponsor sites in the middle of your browsing and inserting adverts into all of your visited pages. You should know that the content that it exposes you to could be unsafe, because it is not checked by anyone before it is shown to you. You may encounter fake ads clicking on which could result in such problems as malware infections, money losses, and others. The hijacker is also the reason that your PC works more sluggishly than usual and that your online surfing speed is not as fast as it used to be. If you wish to eliminate all of these symptoms, you have to uninstall Search.greatsocialsearch.com.
How to remove Search.greatsocialsearch.com?
There are two ways you can delete Search.greatsocialsearch.com from your browsers. One of them is to use a malware prevention and removal tool to clean your system completely. This is the best solution, because it allows you to not only delete Search.greatsocialsearch.com, but also get rid of other threats that may be present on your PC. Moreover, the utility also has other beneficial features like real-time online protection. Alternatively, you can remove Search.greatsocialsearch.com manually by uninstalling its related program (GreatSocialTab) and resetting your browsers. Manual Search.greatsocialsearch.com removal instructions are presented below the article and you are welcome to use them.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.greatsocialsearch.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.greatsocialsearch.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search.greatsocialsearch.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search.greatsocialsearch.com and related programs.
Remove Search.greatsocialsearch.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.greatsocialsearch.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.greatsocialsearch.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.greatsocialsearch.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.greatsocialsearch.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.greatsocialsearch.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.greatsocialsearch.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.greatsocialsearch.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.greatsocialsearch.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.greatsocialsearch.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.