About this threat
Search.grooviemovie.info is your typical browser hijacker that infects computers via free software packages. If you have it, or any other browser hijacker, on your computer you need to learn how to properly install free software. Hijackers are attached to free software as extra offers and you need to manually deselect them to prevent their installation.
More about this will be explained later on in the article. There is no need to worry about the infection doing some serious damage to your computer. It will, however, change your browser’s settings and try to redirect you to sponsored sites. We should note, however, that while hijackers are not malicious themselves, the redirects that it performs could lead you to malicious sites and you could end up with malware on your computer. This could lead to some serious trouble so to prevent that from happening, remove Search.grooviemovie.info.
Why uninstall Search.grooviemovie.info?
It’s not difficult to understand why the hijacker does not belong on your computer. It will make changes to your browser, set itself as your home website and change your default search engine. All of that without your permission. The changes it performs are irreversible until you delete Search.grooviemovie.info from the computer so keep that in mind if you choose to ignore the issue. It does not really matter which browser you use, it will affect all popular ones, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Safari. The hijacker website looks identical to many other ones so it must come from a family of hijackers. There will be a search box provided but we do not suggest using it. Browser hijackers promote dubious search engines so that you would be redirected to sponsored sites. More traffic for those sites means more money. So hijackers are basically using you to make money but provide nothing useful in return. Remove Search.grooviemovie.info before it can lead you to malicious software.
You installed the hijacker yourself when you were installing freeware so make sure to read this paragraph carefully so that you do not make the same mistakes again. Since hijackers are attached to free software as additional offers, they are set to install alongside. In order to prevent these kinds of unwanted installations, you need to access Advanced or Custom settings during freeware installation, and uncheck the boxes of everything that is attached. Make sure to not allow any questionable offers to slip pass. They are hidden for a reason. Initially deselecting a few boxes is much easier than it would be to uninstall Search.grooviemovie.info or similar later on.
We would recommend you obtain anti-spyware software to remove Search.grooviemovie.info because it would do everything for you. Manual Search.grooviemovie.info removal could take some time because you’d need to find the hijacker yourself. Whichever way you pick, make sure you erase the hijacker fully and then proceed to change the settings back.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.grooviemovie.infoUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.grooviemovie.info. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search.grooviemovie.info and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search.grooviemovie.info and related programs.
Remove Search.grooviemovie.info from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.grooviemovie.info from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.grooviemovie.info from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.grooviemovie.info from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.grooviemovie.info or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.grooviemovie.info from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.grooviemovie.info from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.grooviemovie.info from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.grooviemovie.info from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.grooviemovie.info and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.