What is Search Guru Redirect?
Search Guru is a search engine that falls into the category of web browser hijackers. It is supposed to significantly improve the quality of your online surfing by providing you with better search results. Although the page itself may look reliable, that does not mean that you should trust it. The hijacker spreads online in freeware and shareware bundles, often used by potentially unwanted apps. It alters your preferences, slows down your browsing with never-ending ads and redirects, and causes other unwelcome changes. If you wish to restore these changes, you will have to terminate Search Guru Redirect.
How does Search Guru Redirect work?
After the hijacker takes over your browsers (usually with the help of freeware bundles acquired on third party software hosting websites), it modifies your settings. Your home page and default search engine get replaced with Search Guru Redirect. The site has a similar layout to other search portals. It contains a search box, quick access links divided into Social, Video, News, and Shops categories, and an advertisement that changes each time you open the page. We assure you this search portal is in no way better than any of the popular search services. In fact, its goal is promote its sponsors, so it will bring you results containing sponsored links.
In addition to the advertising data located on the main page of the hijacker, you will also notice ads on sites that have nothing to do with it. The pop-ups, banners, and other types of adverts will appear on your screen because of the hijacker and they will disrupt and slow down your surfing. Worse than that, however, is that the ads will also expose you to unreliable content, interacting with which could result in various troubles. You could fall for a scam and infect your computer with malicious or potentially unwanted programs, spend your money on fake products, and so on. It is clear that such possible outcomes are a serious concern. That is why we advise that you eliminate Search Guru Redirect from your browsers without hesitation.
How to remove Search Guru Redirect?
In order to delete Search Guru Redirect in its entirety, you will have to complete several tasks. First, you will have to identify the program that arrived onto your computer together with the hijacker. Once you uninstall it, you should be able to erase Search Guru Redirect from your browsers for good. These tasks can be completed manually or automatically. If you choose manual Search Guru Redirect removal, you are welcome to follow the instructions that we have prepared in the guide below this article. You should know, however, that automatic removal is a far more beneficial option. If you use the malware remover from our page, you will be able to not only get rid of Search Guru Redirect, but also make sure that there are no other infections in your system. More than that, as the anti-malware comes with malware prevention capabilities, it will keep your PC safeguarded online at all times.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search Guru RedirectUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search Guru Redirect. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search Guru Redirect and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search Guru Redirect and related programs.
Remove Search Guru Redirect from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search Guru Redirect from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search Guru Redirect from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search Guru Redirect from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search Guru Redirect or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search Guru Redirect from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search Guru Redirect from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search Guru Redirect from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search Guru Redirect from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search Guru Redirect and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.