What is Search.mpc.am?
Search.mpc.am is a website that functions as a browser hijacker and is labeled as unsafe by reputable security tools. It enters your system together with such potentially unwanted programs as MPC Cleaner and MPC AdCleaner, both of which belong to DotCash Limited. In most cases, these programs arrive onto computers together with other freeware. After they get installed, you start experiencing different annoying symptoms, one of which is the browser settings modifications. There is nothing beneficial about the hijacker or its related app. You should not tolerate the disruptions that it constantly causes. We advise that you terminate Search.mpc.am right away.
How does Search.mpc.am work?
MPC Cleaner and MPC AdCleaner have an official website, where they are promoted as fast and light PC cleaners, however, they also make use of the bundling distribution method. This method allows them to enter your computer surreptitiously. When you install free software without paying attention to the setup, you agree to the additional offers. These offers present you with potentially unwanted apps. There is nothing useful about them as they are usually employed for monetizing the free services. You can avoid these apps by installing free software in the Advanced or Custom mode and declining all optional offers presented in the wizard.
The Search.mpc.am website presents you with a search box and quick access links divided into such categories as Ad, SNS, Games, News, Shopping, and Video. It also contains a suspicious advert. If you make use of the search box, you will get results that will include sponsored ads and links. This is not the best way to search the Web. If you want to go back to your original preferences and eliminate other symptoms of the hijacker such as fake ads, redirects, tracking cookies, Internet slow downs, and more, you will have to get rid of Search.mpc.am.
How to remove Search.mpc.am?
In order to eliminate Search.mpc.am from your browsers, you will first have to uninstall MPC Cleaner/MPC AdCleaner from your computer. Once you do that, you should be able to fix your browser settings without any difficulty. There are two Search.mpc.am removal options you can choose from: manual or automatic. If you choose to delete Search.mpc.am manually, you are welcome to follow the instructions we have prepared below the article. If, on the other hand, you decide to erase Search.mpc.am automatically, you will have to implement a malware remover. The utility can be acquired on our page. It will scan your PC, detect all unwanted components, and eliminate them. Moreover, it will keep your computer protected from other Internet-based threats as long as you it stays installed and updated.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove search.mpc.amUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall search.mpc.am. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like search.mpc.am and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version. More...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
What is Bitdefender Antivirus Software? Bitdefender is an anti-virus application that provides advanced protection against Internet-based threats. You can choose between Bitdefender Anti-Virus Plus, ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall search.mpc.am and related programs.
Remove search.mpc.am from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall search.mpc.am from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete search.mpc.am from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove search.mpc.am from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for search.mpc.am or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete search.mpc.am from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase search.mpc.am from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove search.mpc.am from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall search.mpc.am from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable search.mpc.am and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.