Search.mycouponsxp.com Removal Tips
Search.mycouponsxp.com is a browser hijacker that changes your web browser settings. The hijacker gets installed as a browser extension. It has an official page at mycouponsxp.com/coupons, where it can be downloaded. On the main site it is presented as My Coupons XP New Tab Page. The program is supposed to allow you to access local deals, discounts and coupons. It works on all Internet browsers.
As soon as it enters your system, it modifies your home page, new tab and default search engine. It also starts filling your favorite pages with commercial content. We suggest that you terminate Search.mycouponsxp.com as soon as you can.
How does Search.mycouponsxp.com work?
Although the hijacker has an official page, it also gets distributed via freeware and shareware bundles. The program can enter your system without your notice with the help of the malicious installers that add unwanted applications to free third party software. It is important that you always check all conditions of the installation, because freeware often comes with optional offers that you can decline. However, if you do not notice these offers at all, you agree to them automatically.
Once the hijacker takes over it replaces your home page and default search engine with Search.mycouponsxp.com. The website contains links to Amazon, Daily Deals, Coupons, LocalCoupons and PopularCoupons. It also has a search box. If you enter a query into the box, you get redirected to extsearch.maxwebsearch.com, which contains lots of sponsored results. We urge you to be careful with these and all other ads that are brought to you by the application. The adverts are not endorsed by anyone and they can be fake. Clicking on fake ads may lead to serious consequences like malware infections or even financial losses. To prevent that from happening you should eliminate Search.mycouponsxp.com from your browsers.
How to remove Search.mycouponsxp.com?
If you want to delete Search.mycouponsxp.com, you will have to uninstall its associated program and then reset your browsers. You should keep in mind, however, that manual Search.mycouponsxp.com removal is not the best way to get rid of the infection. The most reliable solution is to terminate Search.mycouponsxp.com using a malware removal tool. The anti-malware will scan your PC and detect all issues that it contains. You will be able to erase Search.mycouponsxp.com and other threats. Moreover, you will also not have to worry about surfing the Web in the future as the security utility will keep your system protected as long as it stays installed.
Remove Search.mycouponsxp.com from Windows 8, 7 and Vista
- Press Windows key and R simultaneously
- Type in Control and hit Enter
- Move to Uninstall a program
- Delete the unwanted program
Uninstall Search.mycouponsxp.com from Windows XP
- Click on Start and go to Control Panel
- Click on Add or Remove Programs
- Choose the unwanted software
- Select Remove
Restore your browser settings:
- Click Gear icon
- Open Internet Options
- Select Advanced tab
- Click on Reset
- Tick Delete personal settings
- Click Reset and Close
- Click on the menu
- Choose the question mark
- Select Troubleshooting Information
- Click on Refresh Firefox
- Confirm it and click Finish
- Open the menu
- Select Settings
- Click Show Advanced Settings
- Choose Reset settings
- Click Reset to confirm
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.mycouponsxp.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.mycouponsxp.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search.mycouponsxp.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search.mycouponsxp.com and related programs.
Remove Search.mycouponsxp.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.mycouponsxp.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.mycouponsxp.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.mycouponsxp.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.mycouponsxp.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.mycouponsxp.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.mycouponsxp.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.mycouponsxp.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.mycouponsxp.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.mycouponsxp.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.