Search.myprivacyswitch.com is a useless search engine, also considered to be a browser hijacker. If you’re wondering how Search.myprivacyswitch.com managed to infiltrate your computer, you yourself allowed it to install when you installed freeware. You will be glad to know that it is not a malicious computer virus and will not directly harm your computer. However, we still do not recommend keeping this browser hijacker on your computer because it might be able to cause redirects to unsafe websites. And it’s completely useless. It’s supposed to help you keep your privacy when browsing but it does not generate any results. Just to be on the safe side, we suggest you uninstall Search.myprivacyswitch.com from your computer.
Why should I delete Search.myprivacyswitch.com?
Browser hijackers come bundled together with free software. This means that if you install freeware and it has Search.myprivacyswitch.com attached to it, you will also install Search.myprivacyswitch.com. This happens if you Default settings. Those settings do not inform you of any added items and if there is something, allows it to install automatically. You should not rely on those settings. What you should do is use Advanced or Custom settings. They will allow you to view any added items and if you do not want them, you can deselect them. It’s important that you follow our advise because you can end up installing all sorts of items, such as adware or other kinds of potentially unwanted programs (PUPs).
When Search.myprivacyswitch.com installs onto your computer, it will hijack your browser (be it Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox) and alter certain settings. You will notice that your homepage, new tabs and search engine have been changed to Search.myprivacyswitch.com. Usually, the hijacker prevents users from changing the settings back, unless your first remove Search.myprivacyswitch.com. The search engine is promoted as a private one but if you try to search for something, it will not generate any results. It gives the option of searching via Google, Bing and Yahoo but warns you that your search will no longer be private. It might be that Search.myprivacyswitch.com is still under development and will provide a working search engine in the future. But you should know that browser hijacker exists to redirect users to sponsored websites and usually use the search engine to do this. So before it becomes a working engine, we suggest you remove Search.myprivacyswitch.com.
There are two ways to delete Search.myprivacyswitch.com. Manual Search.myprivacyswitch.com removal requires you to locate and uninstall Search.myprivacyswitch.com yourself. Some users struggle with that, therefore we will provide instructions below this article. You can also erase Search.myprivacyswitch.com using anti-malware software. Just scan your computer and if it finds it, eliminate Search.myprivacyswitch.com.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.myprivacyswitch.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.myprivacyswitch.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search.myprivacyswitch.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search.myprivacyswitch.com and related programs.
Remove Search.myprivacyswitch.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.myprivacyswitch.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.myprivacyswitch.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.myprivacyswitch.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.myprivacyswitch.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.myprivacyswitch.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.myprivacyswitch.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.myprivacyswitch.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.myprivacyswitch.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.myprivacyswitch.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.