What is Search.mystartab.com?
Search.mystartab.com is a browser hijacker that belongs to Imali Media. It enters your computer as a part of the MyStarTab extension. The hijacker is similar to a number of other Imali products that have the same purpose of generating web traffic and earning revenue for the company. There is nothing useful about it to you as a computer user. It causes lots of unnecessary modifications and disruptions including altering your browser settings, bombarding you with ads, and so on. In order to get rid of these symptoms, you will have to terminate Search.mystartab.com and its related app.
How does Search.mystartab.com work?
MyStarTab New Tab extension spreads online bundled with free third party software. The bundling method is not completely fair, because the user is essentially tricked into installing a program that s/he does not need. Of course, these applications can be avoided, however, to do that, you have to pay careful attention to the freeware that you install. Always choose the Advanced installation mode and deselect all additional components, otherwise, you will have to deal with potentially unwanted programs over and over again.
Search.mystartab.com gets set as your home page, new tab, and default search engine as soon as the extension gets installed. The website presents you with a malign “Scan PC” link, which reroutes you to Winfixprofessionals.com. This page is blocked by various anti-malware tools and labeled as unsafe. In addition to this, you should avoid using the search box presented on the site, because it reroutes you to Search.safefinder.com, which also contains potentially unsafe data. Clearly, you cannot trust a website that redirects you to unreliable websites. Please note that you may encounter fake ads and bogus links on other sites that you visit as long as the hijacker stays in your browsers. We urge you not to waste any time and get rid of Search.mystartab.com without hesitation.
How to remove Search.mystartab.com?
The only way to eliminate Search.mystartab.com from your browsers is by deleting MyStarTab first and then resetting your web browser settings. You can complete these tasks manually or automatically. If you choose manual Search.mystartab.com removal, you are welcome to use the instructions we have prepared below this article. If, however, you want to not only erase Search.mystartab.com, but also make sure that your PC is clean from other infections and stays that way in the future, you should go with automatic removal option. To delete Search.mystartab.com automatically, you will need an anti-malware tool. You can use the utility from our site. It will detect and eliminate all unwanted components from your system and ensure its safety moving forward.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.mystartab.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.mystartab.com. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Search.mystartab.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search.mystartab.com and related programs.
Remove Search.mystartab.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.mystartab.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.mystartab.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.mystartab.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.mystartab.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.mystartab.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.mystartab.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.mystartab.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.mystartab.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.mystartab.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.