What is Search.nariabox.com?
Search.nariabox.com is a yet another browser hijacker powered by Genieo. It is similar to Search.leperdvil.com, Search.montagebox.com, Search.lunaticake.com, Search.portsayd.com, and other members of this group. The hijacker gets distributed with the help of Nariabox downloaders that are presented as “the ultimate way for Mac users to search and download free apps”. In reality, however, they are only concerned with making money by promoting their sponsors. The hijacker will alter your browser preferences and cause other unwanted modifications. It will not be beneficial to you in any way. We recommend that you delete Search.nariabox.com from your web browsers.
How does Search.nariabox.com work?
Search.nariabox.com functions in a similar manner to other browser hijackers. It changes your browser settings including your home page and default search provider. The site itself only contains a search box with such search parameters as Web, Images, Videos, News, and Shopping. If you make use of this search box, you will see results from Genieo Yahoo Web Search. These results will include sponsored links. The hijacker will insert ads into other pages that you visit as well. You should not trust them, because they may be fake. Clicking on fake ads could lead to serious consequences including malware infections, which is why it would be best to eliminate Search.nariabox.com without delay.
There are other symptoms associated with the hijacker like redirects, Internet slow downs, and the use of tracking cookies. The hijacker may redirect you to random pages in the middle of your browsing. This along with the advertisements will considerably slow down your online surfing speed. As for the tracking cookies, they are employed for the purpose of collecting information about your browsing habits and using it to create customized ads. If you want to get rid of all of these symptoms, you will have to terminate Search.nariabox.com.
How to remove Search.nariabox.com?
It is not that difficult to get rid of Search.nariabox.com. You can choose whether you want to do it manually or automatically. If you choose to go with manual Search.nariabox.com removal option, you will have to uninstall the application that entered your PC together with the hijacker and then reset your browsers. If you need more detailed instructions, you can use the manual removal guide presented below. Alternatively, you can download and implement the anti-malware tool from our page. It will scan your system, detect and delete Search.nariabox.com along with other threats. It will also keep your PC protected from future parasites you may encounter online.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.nariabox.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.nariabox.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search.nariabox.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search.nariabox.com and related programs.
Remove Search.nariabox.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.nariabox.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.nariabox.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.nariabox.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.nariabox.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.nariabox.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.nariabox.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.nariabox.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.nariabox.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.nariabox.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.