What is Search.opinteks.com?
Search.opinteks.com is a browser hijacker that can change your settings in Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, and other web browsers. It may look like a legitimate search engine, however, its main goal is to expose you to advertising content. The hijacker’s developers earn revenue each time you click on one of the ads that it shows you. The reason you may not remember agreeing to change your browser settings is because the hijacker travels in freeware bundles. If you want to restore your preferences, you will have to get rid of Search.opinteks.com.
How does Search.opinteks.com work?
Search.opinteks.com is not the only one of its kind. There are quite a few hijackers that are practically identical to it including Search.leperdvil.com, Search.dailybugget.com, Search.portsayd.com, and more. Once the hijacker takes over, it changes your browser settings. Your home page and default search provider get replaced with Search.opinteks.com. This site contains a search box that shows you results powered by Genieo Yahoo Web Search. These results contain sponsored links that you should be careful with.
Browser settings modifications is not the only difference that you will notice. The hijacker will also slow down your Internet surfing speed by flooding you with various advertisements. You will see banners, hyperlinks, coupons, pop-ups, and more. It may also redirect you to random pages in the middle of your browsing. Keep in mind that the content that is brought to you by the hijacker is not all trustworthy. It is not monitored by anyone, so it could be fake. We urge you to stay away from all adverts until you terminate Search.opinteks.com. Even the ads that appear especially useful to you may be unsafe. You should not risk your system’s safety by clicking on them.
How to remove Search.opinteks.com?
There are two options to choose from when it comes to Search.opinteks.com removal. You can terminate the hijacker manually or automatically. Manual removal requires you to uninstall the hijacker’s related program from your computer and restore your browser settings. If you are not sure how to complete these tasks, you can use the instructions presented below the article. Alternative solution is to delete Search.opinteks.com automatically. To do that, you will need to download and install an anti-malware tool. You can acquire one from our page. It will scan your PC, detect all issues, and erase Search.opinteks.com along with them. Another advantage of this option is that the security software will not only help you eliminate Search.opinteks.com, but it will also keep your PC protected in the future.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.opinteks.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.opinteks.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search.opinteks.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search.opinteks.com and related programs.
Remove Search.opinteks.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.opinteks.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.opinteks.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.opinteks.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.opinteks.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.opinteks.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.opinteks.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.opinteks.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.opinteks.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.opinteks.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.