Search.otwexplain.com Removal Tips (Uninstall Search.otwexplain.com)
Search.otwexplain.com, also known as Otwexplain virus, is actually a browser hijacker that can enter your computer through free software downloads. Once inside, it alters your browser settings including your home page and default search provider.
Unfortunately, you will not be able to undo these changes manually. You cannot trust the hijacker to provide you with relevant data. Its modifications expose you to unnecessary and unreliable online content. The hijacker also disrupts your browsing and slows down your Internet connection. We suggest that you delete Search.otwexplain.com without further delay.
How does Search.otwexplain.com work?
Search.otwexplain.com may look like most other search portals, but it does not function as one. If you enter a query into the search box that appears in the middle of the page, you will get rerouted to Search.yahoo.com. This page will present you with relevant results, however, they will contain sponsored ads and links that may belong to the hijacker. Clicking on the commercial data that you see on the results page or any other site is not something we would recommend. This data may be unreliable and it could lead you to sites promoting various virtual scams. If you do not wish to expose your PC to unnecessary risks, you should terminate Search.otwexplain.com as soon as you can.
Other concerns raised by the hijacker have to do with its distribution method. It is clear that nobody willingly downloads it onto their computer. The hijacker does not have an official site where it could be acquired. It travels bundled with freeware and shareware and enters your computer without your notice. If you want to avoid similar situations in the future, you should always pay attention to free software that you install. Always choose Advanced or Custom installation mode and decline all additional offers presented to you. Do not forget to follow these tips next time, otherwise you will have to deal with potentially unwanted programs again.
How to remove Search.otwexplain.com?
It is clear that you need to remove Search.otwexplain.com along with all of its components right away. You can do that manually or automatically. If you decide to go with manual Search.otwexplain.com removal, you will have to delete the hijacker’s related program from your computer and then reset your web browsers. Instructions below can help you complete these tasks and if you are not sure which application you need to remove from your PC, you can scan it with the free scanner presented on our page. Alternative solution is to delete Search.otwexplain.com automatically. Download the anti-malware tool from our site and use to eliminate Search.otwexplain.com, its related program and other potential threats present on your computer. The utility will also keep your PC safe from future online infections.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.otwexplain.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.otwexplain.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search.otwexplain.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Step 1. Uninstall Search.otwexplain.com and related programs.
Remove Search.otwexplain.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.otwexplain.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.otwexplain.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.otwexplain.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.otwexplain.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.otwexplain.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.otwexplain.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.otwexplain.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.otwexplain.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.otwexplain.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.