What is Search Protect by Conduit?
Search Protect by Conduit is classified as a browser hijacker, which means that the infection is dangerous to your computer. Therefore, you need to remove Search Protect by Conduit as soon as possible. If you do not take care of that, the unwanted program will constantly redirect you to suspicious websites. Even one click on such page is enough for your computer to contract malware; thus, you should definitely delete Search Protect by Conduit from your PC.
Search Protect by Conduit has many different names; for instance, The Conduit virus, Conduit search virus, Protected Search by Conduit virus or search.conduit.com redirect virus. However, it does not matter how the infection is titled, all of them will do the same thing. For instance, you will be repeatedly redirected to search.conduit.com. This can greatly diminish your Internet surfing experience; more than that, you may soon end up on the dark side of the Internet. If you do not want to be forced to visit the suspicious pages, you should uninstall Search Protect by Conduit.
How can Search Protect by Conduit reach my computer’s system?
Search Protect by Conduit has an official website; however, that does not always make the program trustworthy. You should know that reputable programs can be easily downloaded from their legitimate pages. However, Search Protect by Conduit does not have a direct link to its installation file, which means that Search Protect by Conduit is probably dispersed via unfair methods. It is always easier to install such software than to erase the unwanted program. Therefore, you may want to learn more about how undesirable applications get installed into your PC; thus, you will not have to take care of Search Protect by Conduit removal in the future.
The application may be distributed via free of charge software bundles. You should not agree to download any “bonus programs” because they are usually completely worthless and will only use your computer’s space. In addition, the suggested applications may cause you serious PC problems. We see no reason why you should risk your computer’s security for the useless programs. In order to prevent them from entering your computer, you should always choose “Advanced” or “Custom” installation settings. If you have already accidentally installed the hijacker, you will have to remove Search Protect by Conduit asap.
How can I delete Search Protect by Conduit from my computer?
Search Protect by Conduit removal may be time consuming and difficult; however, you should never leave any browser hijacker in your computer. Hence, you need to definitely get rid of Search Protect by Conduit.
You can terminate the program manually or automatically. If you select to eliminate Search Protect by Conduit manually, you might find our manual removal guide of great help.
However, you will probably think that the manual removal method quite a challenge. If you find that your homepage is set to search.conduit.com, you should know that you will have to erase at least three suspicious programs from your PC. The infection does not come alone and you should not be surprised, if you have the Conduit Hijacker, Toolbar ans Search Protect installed in your computer.
Thus, you will have to remove all of them in order to achieve your PC’s security once again.
We recommend you to use a powerful anti-spyware software, which will take care of the threats automatically. More than that, your computer’s security will be guaranteed, if you keep your malware removal tool up to date.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search Protect by ConduitUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search Protect by Conduit. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search Protect by Conduit and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search Protect by Conduit and related programs.
Remove Search Protect by Conduit from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search Protect by Conduit from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search Protect by Conduit from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search Protect by Conduit from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search Protect by Conduit or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search Protect by Conduit from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search Protect by Conduit from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search Protect by Conduit from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search Protect by Conduit from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search Protect by Conduit and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.