Search.reimageplus.com Removal Tips (Uninstall Search.reimageplus.com)
Search.reimageplus.com is a browser hijacker that enters your system as a part of the potentially unwanted program called Reimage Plus. This program uses the bundling distribution method and may get installed on your PC without your notice.
This is one of the reasons why it is classified as potentially unwanted. The hijacker replaces your browser settings and makes other unnecessary modifications. It affects all well-known browsers including Mozilla, Chrome, IE, and others. If you want to remove Search.reimageplus.com, you will have to delete its related program as well.
Reimage Plus is promoted as a tool that can recover your Windows with essential new files. It is supposed to repair and replace corrupted files, eliminate malicious components, and so on. The application is not free, so you will only be able to make use of all of its features after you purchase the license key. The problem with the software is that it can make certain changes without your notice like adding the hijacker to your browsers or injecting various advertisements into them. Keep in mind that if you did not download the application from its official site, you may have other unwanted programs in your system as well.
The hijacker replaces your home page and default search provider with Search.reimageplus.com. This site contains a search box, links to Reimage Plus websites, and language settings. If you enter a term into the search box, you get presented with original results, however, they include sponsored links. We urge you not to trust these links as they may be unsafe. If you see any other ads on your visited sites, you should avoid them as well. Advertising content is not checked or endorsed by the application, so it may lead you to corrupted pages and expose you to various scams. If you wish to avoid that, you should terminate Search.reimageplus.com without hesitation.
How to remove Search.reimageplus.com?
You can erase Search.reimageplus.com from your browsers by uninstalling its related program and restoring your browser settings. These tasks can be completed manually or automatically. If you decide to go with manual Search.reimageplus.com removal, you are welcome to use the instructions that are prepared below this article. If, on the other hand, you choose to delete Search.reimageplus.com automatically, you should download the anti-malware tool from our page and use it to scan your PC. The utility will detect all potential issues and delete Search.reimageplus.com along with them. It will also keep your computer shielded from other infections you may catch online.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.reimageplus.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.reimageplus.com. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Search.reimageplus.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version. More...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
What is Bitdefender Antivirus Software? Bitdefender is an anti-virus application that provides advanced protection against Internet-based threats. You can choose between Bitdefender Anti-Virus Plus, ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search.reimageplus.com and related programs.
Remove Search.reimageplus.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.reimageplus.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.reimageplus.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.reimageplus.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.reimageplus.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.reimageplus.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.reimageplus.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.reimageplus.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.reimageplus.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.reimageplus.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.