Search-Results.com Removal Guide (Uninstall Search-Results.com)
Search-Results.com is an untrustworthy search engine that appears on browsers without permission. If you see it there already, it means that a browser hijacker has sneaked onto your computer. You need to eliminate this threat in order to delete Search-Results.com from browsers. If you do not take any action and leave this search engine there, you might cause harm to your system shortly.
This is the worst what might happen. We are sure that you want to protect your computer. If we are right, you should uninstall Search-Results.com immediately after you notice that it is set on your browsers. Unfortunately, it is quite hard to remove, which is why we are here. We will tell you more on the Search-Results.com removal further in this article, so make sure you read it all.
Search-Results.com is an unreliable search engine that might quickly cause harm to your computer. It will not do anything bad itself; however, it is known that it might provide users with untrustworthy search results. These search results will be full of bad advertisements and various links. If you click on any of them, you will immediately end up on a third-party web page. We cannot ensure you that you will be taken to a good web page because browser hijackers often promote untrustworthy third-party websites. These sites might also promote malicious software, and it might enter your system in a short period of time. What is more, malware experts have observed that Search-Results.com might also violate your privacy if you keep it on your system for a long time. It is primarily targeted at non-personally identifiable information; however, it might also record personal details if you do not delete this search engine from browsers. Yes, there is only way to stop Search-Results.com – delete Search-Results.com from your computer.
How did Search-Results.com browser hijacker enter my PC?
Search-Results.com is a part of a browser hijacker, so it is clear for specialists how it has entered your system. First, it is very likely that it has sneaked onto your PC in a bundle with unreliable software or freeware. Secondly, it might have entered if you have clicked on a pop-up offering to set a useful search engine recently. Third, it might have sneaked onto your computer with the help of other threats existing on your system. To make sure that this does not happen again, install a reputable antimalware tool on your computer and always keep it there.
How to remove Search-Results.com browser hijacker?
We will help you to implement the Search-Results.com removal because we know that it might be hard to do that for users who have never tried erasing malware. The first thing that you need to do is to remove extensions of this hijacker from browsers and set another search engine. In some cases, you might also need to delete this infection from Control Panel. If this does not help you to remove Search-Results.com, scan your computer with a reliable antimalware scanner. It will implement the removal of this threat for you.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search-Results.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search-Results.com. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Search-Results.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
What is Bitdefender Antivirus Software? Bitdefender is an anti-virus application that provides advanced protection against Internet-based threats. You can choose between Bitdefender Anti-Virus Plus, ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search-Results.com and related programs.
Remove Search-Results.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search-Results.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search-Results.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search-Results.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search-Results.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search-Results.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search-Results.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search-Results.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search-Results.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search-Results.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.