Search.results-hub.com Removal Guide (Delete Search.results-hub.com)
Search.results-hub.com is a suspicious browser hijacker, which should be eliminated from your personal computer without hesitation. The hijacker infiltrates your PC silently. In other words, everything what the PUP (potentially unwanted program) does is done without your consent. The actions include changing your default search engine, homepage, and new tab into Search.results-hub.com, a search engine that will bring you more bad than good.
Keep in mind that all browsers can get this infection, and this includes the most popular ones like Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Google Chrome. The malicious search engine will make your usual browsing sessions quite dangerous. Because of this, our security team advises you to remove Search.results-hub.com from your personal computer before any serious harm is done.
Why can Search.results-hub.com be dangerous?
The first reason for not using Search.results-hub.com is its functionality. Or, more accurately, the absence of it. If you try browsing on this search engine, you will immediately see that there are almost no results displayed. The only results will be shown at the right corner of the screen and will be named News Results. If you try looking at the other sections (images, videos, news, and shopping) you will notice that there are no results at all. This is the first reason for Search.results-hub.com removal: you are not able to browse because the browser hijacker is totally useless. What is more, the links that are displayed as Web search results can be unreliable. They belong to third parties that may spread viruses, malware, and other infections. Also, the hijacker may display ads on these pages that can redirect you to infected sites. Finally, the user is warned in the EULA that the websites in the results may “contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights”. If you don’t want your personal information (like banking details) to be stolen, delete Search.results-hub.com from your PC.
How did I get infected with Search.results-hub.com?
It is most likely that Search.results-hub.com has slithered into you computer via free software bundles. This means that you may have not paid attention to the installation process. Remember to always choose the Advanced or Custom installation mode. Then, you have to look at the list of the programs that are going to be installed and eliminate the ones that you don’t want. Unfortunately, if you have this browser hijacker, you may also have some other PUPs on your PC. After you uninstall Search.results-hub.com, scan your computer with a reliable spyware removal tool.
How to remove Search.results-hub.com from my PC?
It is recommended to use a legitimate anti-malware and anti-spyware application for Search.results-hub.com removal. A good application will detect and get rid of all the infections that are present on your PC. After you scan your system, remember to be really careful with downloading free software in future.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.results-hub.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.results-hub.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search.results-hub.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search.results-hub.com and related programs.
Remove Search.results-hub.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.results-hub.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.results-hub.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.results-hub.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.results-hub.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.results-hub.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.results-hub.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.results-hub.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.results-hub.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.results-hub.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.