What is search.searchcpn.com?
search.searchcpn.com is a questionable search engine promoted by a browser hijacker installed on your computer. It comes from a family of hijackers and is identical to Search.searchdp.com, Search.directionsandmap.com and tens of other hijackers.
They are not malicious as browser hijackers usually aim to generate traffic for sponsored sites and they do that by redirecting you to those sites. search.searchcpn.com will change your browser’s settings and set itself as your homepage and then attempt to redirect you. Hijackers need permission to install and you must have allowed search.searchcpn.com to do so when you were installing free software that had this hijacker attached to it. While hijackers are usually regarded as low-level threats, they can still do some damage, although not directly. search.searchcpn.com may be able to lead you to dangerous pages where malware could be hidden. That malware could then download onto your computer. We suggest you remove search.searchcpn.com.
Why is search.searchcpn.com on my computer?
Browser hijackers are distributed using software bundles. search.searchcpn.com was attached to some king of free software you installed, and you missed it. Those added items need to be deselected to prevent them from installing. You can do so by choosing Advanced (Custom) settings during freeware installation. In those settings, you will be able to see what has been added. If there is something, you will need to deselect it/them. Just uncheck the boxes of those items and that will be enough. It does not take any extra time so there is no excuse not to use. Do not select Default settings and rush through the process because that is exactly why you need to delete search.searchcpn.com now.
Why uninstall search.searchcpn.com?
As is the case with all hijackers, search.searchcpn.com will set itself as your homepage and new tabs. Your browser’s (be it Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox) settings will be changed and you will be unable to undo those changes unless you first delete search.searchcpn.com. Every time you open your browser, you will see search.searchcpn.com. It has a search engine, links to certain pages and a toolbar to help you find coupons. If you use the search engine you will be taken to a website that resembles Yahoo. It almost looks the same but at close look, it clearly says Saferbrowser Yahoo Search, which means sponsored pages will be inserted into the results. Among those results could be infected pages where you could obtain malware. We strongly recommend you eliminate search.searchcpn.com.
We suggest you get anti-malware software to help you uninstall search.searchcpn.com. Automatic search.searchcpn.com removal is the quickest option as the program will locate the hijacker. Finding where the hijacker is hiding is rather difficult which is why users struggle to erase search.searchcpn.com manually. Whichever way you choose, you need to ensure you remove search.searchcpn.com fully because otherwise, it will keep renewing itself.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.Searchcpn.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.Searchcpn.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search.Searchcpn.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search.Searchcpn.com and related programs.
Remove Search.Searchcpn.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.Searchcpn.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.Searchcpn.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.Searchcpn.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.Searchcpn.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.Searchcpn.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.Searchcpn.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.Searchcpn.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.Searchcpn.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.Searchcpn.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.