Search.searchfmn.com Removal Tips (Delete Search.searchfmn.com)
Search.searchfmn.com is a browser hijacker that enters your computer together with a potentially unwanted program called Fast Maps Now by Saferbrowser. This program is promoted as a tool that can provide you with maps, directions, weather forecasts, and more.
It may seem like a useful tool at first, however, soon after the installation you will realize that its main purpose has nothing to do with your convenience. The application has an official page, where it can be downloaded, and it also travels bundled with freeware and shareware. Once in the system, it alters your browser settings. If you want to uninstall Search.searchfmn.com, you will also have to delete its related program.
Search.searchfmn.com replaces your home page, new tab, and default search provider as soon as you install Fast Maps Now. This webpage contains a search box and a toolbar that appears at the top. The toolbar also has a search box and such buttons as Local Weather, Google Maps, Mapquest, Yahoo Maps, Bing Maps, and Traffic. If you enter a query into one of the search boxes, you will get rerouted to Search.yahoo.com. These results may be altered to include sponsored ads and links. You may also see various adverts on your visited sites that are brought to you by the hijacker. We advise that you do not interact with them as they may be fake.
Other symptoms of the hijacker may include persistent redirects to unfamiliar sites and the use of tracking cookies. Your browsing-related data is recorded and used for marketing purposes. Some of this data may be personally-identifiable. Moreover, the hijacker will considerably diminish your online surfing speed and its related program will slow down your computer performance. It is clear that you have plenty of reasons to terminate Search.searchfmn.com without delay.
How to remove Search.searchfmn.com?
Search.searchfmn.com is not the only one of its kind. There are several other applications developed by Saferbrowser that act in the same way. You can delete Search.searchfmn.com and Fast Maps Now manually or automatically. If you choose manual removal, you will have to uninstall the program from your PC and restore your browsers. Once you do that, your web browsers will go back to their original settings. Alternatively, you can erase Search.searchfmn.com automatically by downloading and implementing a malware removal tool. The utility will scan your system, detect all potential issues and remove Search.searchfmn.com completely. In addition to cleaning your computer, the security software will also make sure that it stays safeguarded in the future by providing it with real-time online protection.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.searchfmn.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.searchfmn.com. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Search.searchfmn.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version. More...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
What is Bitdefender Antivirus Software? Bitdefender is an anti-virus application that provides advanced protection against Internet-based threats. You can choose between Bitdefender Anti-Virus Plus, ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search.searchfmn.com and related programs.
Remove Search.searchfmn.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.searchfmn.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.searchfmn.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.searchfmn.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.searchfmn.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.searchfmn.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.searchfmn.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.searchfmn.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.searchfmn.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.searchfmn.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.