What is Search.searchgrm.com?
Search.searchgrm.com is a browser hijacker that comes as a part of a potentially unwanted program called Get Radio Music. This app is powered by SaferBrowser, which is also responsible for other hijackers like Search.yourcurrentnewsnow.com, Search.mytelevisionxp.xom, Search.em-cmf.com, and more. Although Get Radio Music has an official page, Getradiomusic.com, it does not provide a working download link. This means that the application gets distributed through free software bundles. It functions as a new tab page and it also modifies your home page and default search engine. If you want to go back to your original preferences, you will have to delete Search.searchgrm.com.
How does Search.searchgrm.com work?
Get Radio Music is promoted as a tool that can allow you to listen to online radio on your PC. It is supposed to provide you with easy access to iHeart Radio, Pandora Radio, and more. If you try to download the application from its official page by clicking on the “Get Started Now” button, it will not result in anything. This means that the app travels in freeware and shareware bundles. If that is how it ended up in your system, you may have other unwanted programs on your computer. We suggest that you terminate Search.searchgrm.com along with them.
Once the software gets installed, it changes not only your new tab page, but also your home page and default search provider. These settings are replaced with Search.searchgrm.com. The site contains a toolbar, a search box, and quick links to popular pages like Facebook, YouTube, Gmail, Twitter, Pinterest, and more. The toolbar that appears at the top of the page also has a search box and such buttons as CNN, Salem Radio, Soundcloud, Spotify, Pandora, iHeart, ESPN, and Local Weather. If you make use of your new search engine, you will get results from Saferbrowser Yahoo Web Search. These results will contain sponsored links. You may also encounter various ads on other pages that you visit. If you want to eliminate the unnecessary commercial data from your browsers, you will have to get rid of Search.searchgrm.com.
How to remove Search.searchgrm.com?
You can eliminate Search.searchgrm.com from your browsers manually or automatically. If you choose manual Search.searchgrm.com removal option, you will have to uninstall Get Radio Music from your computer, delete its extension from your browsers, and fix your browser settings. We have prepared manual removal instructions below this article, which can help you complete all of these tasks. Alternatively, you can implement an anti-malware utility and let it take care of your PC. The security tool will scan and clean your system. It will not only erase Search.searchgrm.com, but also help you make sure that your computer stays infection-free in the future.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.searchgrm.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.searchgrm.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search.searchgrm.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search.searchgrm.com and related programs.
Remove Search.searchgrm.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.searchgrm.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.searchgrm.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.searchgrm.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.searchgrm.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.searchgrm.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.searchgrm.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.searchgrm.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.searchgrm.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.searchgrm.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.