Search.searchlocateyp.com is a browser hijacker that is attached to free software as an extra offer. You do not need to install those extra items but they are set to install automatically if you do not deselect them during freeware installation, so bear that in mind. A hijacker is not a malicious computer threat itself but it can still bring trouble. It will take over your browser and set different settings, and all that for the purpose of redirecting you. While the hijacker itself is not malicious, the redirects it performs could do harm. You could be redirected to a malicious site where malware could be hiding. That malware could even download onto your computer and do some serious damage to your system, and you might not even notice until it’s too late. Make sure you remove Search.searchlocateyp.com.
How does Search.searchlocateyp.com spread?
Browser hijackers can infect a computer via software bundles. Search.searchlocateyp.com was probably attached to a free program that you downloaded from the Internet, and you did not notice. When those extra offers go unnoticed, they are permitted to install. To not allow this to happen, you need to use Advanced or Custom settings during installation and uncheck all the boxes that appear there. By unchecking the additional offers, you are preventing the installation of a lot of unnecessary threats. If you think you have already allowed the hijacker to install, delete Search.searchlocateyp.com.
Why uninstall Search.searchlocateyp.com?
As soon as the hijacker enters your computer, it will infect all your browsers. Every time you open Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, you will be redirected to Search.searchlocateyp.com because it has been set as your homepage and new tabs. If you do not remember allowing these changes, you are probably not the only one. The hijacker could have done it without your authorization. And unfortunately, until you remove Search.searchlocateyp.com, you are stuck with that homepage. Engaging with websites that just appear out of nowhere is really not recommended because they could expose you to malicious content. No matter how appealing it may look, if you did not install it yourself, do not trust it. A search engine will be provided but be careful about using it because it could be inserting sponsored content into the results. After all, hijackers exist to redirect users to those sites because that is how they generate income. You really do not need it, delete Search.searchlocateyp.com.
You have two choices when it comes to Search.searchlocateyp.com removal. If you feel confident you can uninstall Search.searchlocateyp.com manually, you are welcome to go with this choice. You will also find instructions to help you. If for whatever reason you cannot erase Search.searchlocateyp.com manually, obtain credible anti-malware software and allow it to eliminate Search.searchlocateyp.com.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.searchlocateyp.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.searchlocateyp.com. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Search.searchlocateyp.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search.searchlocateyp.com and related programs.
Remove Search.searchlocateyp.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.searchlocateyp.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.searchlocateyp.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.searchlocateyp.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.searchlocateyp.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.searchlocateyp.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.searchlocateyp.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.searchlocateyp.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.searchlocateyp.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.searchlocateyp.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.